Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deb33 said:
Westaus said:
Lambs73 said:
Cheers Matt,

The kids love them. I grew up on a BMX with tuffs.

When I was a tike myself I remember when these came out. Everyone wanted them but they were just too expensive. My dad though was friends with the local bike owner so I had a birthday coming up and was pretty excited, they knew I wanted them badly.

The big day came and there was a large box for me all wrapped up. This was looking good and I was a little excited. So I opened it up nervously and yup it was a new set of Tuffs wheels. Oh WOW was I excited. So I started to rip open the box and as I started looking through it there was nothing but bundled newspaper? until finally at the bottom of the box a pair of socks (and a brick for weight). Well a couple of parents thought it was a really good gag and were pretty happy with themselves. I can tell you I was not impressed, funny after all these years I still remember that birthday event.

Thanks Mum and Dad xxx

Haha thats something i would do. I quite often do a pass the parcel thing where they have to unwrap 100 layers and read my silly notes before they get to the present :)

My Dad was a Bike manufacturer here in Australia up til he retired. His bikes were Northern Star Bicycles.
I remember Northern star bikes. Good bikes.

The mighty TOASTIE!!
Mrs dwt being off at a horse'e thing'y this weekend sees a bit of tasty 'man' tucker getting batched up in the dwt pad,
Let's see, two layers of ham, 4 pieces of sliced tomatoe, half a onion pier piece, 1,1/2 pieces of tasty cheese, with another double layer of ham on top, all in the George foreman grille, mmmmmmm , shite's looking up, and of course the measuring tape. :cool:
1430555859_image.jpg

If it ain't running 50 plus mill of stuffs in between the bread, your a fairy pants ;)

Man stuff dwt,.... hope you put garlic powder on that to top it off(says Mrs Silver),.... I reckon SZECHUAN seasoning in abundance myself as well.

Dwt .. I propose that the hams only topping out at the 8.5mm range ... you gotta fill that toastie up properly man ...

Today I made a start on the bedroom ceiling, rescrewing it ready for ripping the joint out a bit and replastering the joint and screw holes,.... then I can start painting from the top down,.. took me long enough to get it to this stage.

This is the crack that's happened between the gyprock sheets(two cracks across the whole ceiling)
1430740847_sam_0717.jpg

Theese are the marking out of old screw holes with new screws in either side of them,... walls are all ready to go.
1430740847_sam_0718.jpg

Been a bit of movement over time, so I thought a newly screwed ceiling may hold it all steady enough to not do it again too soon.
I marked out where all the old screws were first with a stud finder and my Garrett Propointer and screwed the whole ceiling about an inch and a half out from each old screw.

I would have injected some stud adhesive into the old holes, That's if the plaster board had come of the under lying support.
At least you are one step closer to finishing it. :D
I love doing ceilings especial if painting. I have a good spot in my neck for doing them. Can go at it all day if needed. :)

I've painted 38 square homes (3 coats) in the past but i arc up at painting ceilings!!! Good luck tathradj.

Tathradj said:
I would have injected some stud adhesive into the old holes, That's if the plaster board had come of the under lying support.
I love doing ceilings especial if painting. I have a good spot in my neck for doing them. Can go at it all day if needed. :)

It hadn't come adrift Tathradj, just the cracks appeared again a few months after some one else had filled them,... so two years on and going to paint the room I decided that the ceiling could be stabilised completely before I rip out some plaster and fill and sand it again.

Tathradj said:

I detest doing ceilings, my neck just can't stand the kinking. In fact a hate painting as well, but you just have to do it sometimes.

Rob

That's good it was just a simple job. :D
I hate painting my self but when forced into it, I do the ceilings.
I did retaliate with an old joint with high ceilings though.
Old oil paint etc. :mad:

Because this one is not too old a paint job I'm just going to sugar soap it after i've done my patch work and just rough it up with 60 grit paper to make sure that the new paint job keys into the old one nicely.

Tathradj said:

Hey Tathradj, we have 12 ' ceilings. Last time i did the ceilings I hired a portable scaffold on wheels makes life easier but your still looking ^p.
Just don't allow smoke into the house (heh heh) and it will last a long time.----(I'm not a painter :p )

Jaros said:
Tathradj said:

Hey Tathradj, we have 12 ' ceilings. Last time i did the ceilings I hired a portable scaffold on wheels makes life easier but your still looking ^p.
Just don't allow smoke into the house (heh heh) and it will last a long time.----(I'm not a painter :p )

Hey Jaros,.. no smoke at my house, except what blows in from over the fence.
I have the extendable pole for the roller handle,... that makes life easier.

As the ex painter I can empathize. The old man decided on an old house to reno as it was cheap and my dear mother had been watching too many reality reno shows and reading too many home beautiful magazines.
So after re plastering every wall in the place they call in 3 professional painters. 2 walked out without a quote and the third put in a substantial 5 figure sum. Suffice to say I got the call asking a favour. 5 bed 2 bath 3 living areas, study, 35 m hall with dados in vertical lining boards, foyer, kitchen laundry, 22 doors, 50 squares total, 15' ceilings all in lining board so cut and roll every groove, plus outside Two and a half years later I'm still using spare time to conquer the white whale despite the three tone scheme.
I gave away the brushes for a reason. I would not in a pink fit ever choose to do it for myself.
So good luck to you guys I feel painting pain.

I feel your pain there GT,.... won't be done like I'll do it myself though,... no matter how slow I am with it(ha).

Gave up on trying to figure the valve assembly so I can pump into a bucket so just build a catchment useing Gravity for now and a few suction tips and about to start building my sniping tips
1430884553_image.jpg

Edit-> I'll have various size 50mm capturing tubes one larger one for cleaning up larger, medium for semi-clean & small for final clean

I like that mate. Well done. :cool:
I have to build one of these and now I have some excellent idea's.
Tone has a post about one of these and making a fitting to fit on my stainless yabby pump is the go. :D

Latest posts