Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is or my yabby pump to, I may eventually get one of those ERMo yabby/bilge pun converter for once I've cleaned up larger gravels

Next1m8 said:
Gave up on trying to figure the valve assembly so I can pump into a bucket so just build a catchment useing Gravity for now and a few suction tips and about to start building my sniping tipshttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4853/1430884553_image.jpg

Edit-> I'll have various size 50mm capturing tubes one larger one for cleaning up larger, medium for semi-clean & small for final clean

thats exactly how i run mine :)

I was thinking Golddig, what are your thoughts on this, See how the catchment goes straight of the junction I was thinking putting in a 45' elbow and face it the opposite direction so it's not getting in the way?

If that makes sence

The 'white whale' eh goldtarget? Classic! House paintings a tough way to earn a quid i reckon, and worse when you're doing it as a love job for relos.

And im on meds???

I put a 90 with sleeve on mine and a smaller diameter for suction....just turn it to hold the material.

Next1m8 said:
I was thinking Golddig, what are your thoughts on this, See how the catchment goes straight of the junction I was thinking putting in a 45' elbow and face it the opposite direction so it's not getting in the way?

If that makes sence
Just hold it sidewayz and wrap the bottom of the catchment in plumbers tape because youll hit it on rocks all the time and crack the lid them youll have no suction

I mean no disrespect but what has medication got to do with this? Unless you're infact insinuating something?

I'm trying to make this ergonomically friendly so that twisting or turning anything won't have to happen, the 45elbow is similar to your idea however it brings it straight under the pump and away from the rocks.. I thought about a 90' however you would have to turn the whole pump 45' the the left or right and that won't be done quick enough before it drops the material back out the nozzle and if your sniper nozzle has has been squashed after heating to allow it to fit in tight crevices it's diameter is now not 25mm it's more like 32mm and flat not round and when wedged in a crevice turning isn't a great option if possible at all, where as a 45 elbow from the junction drops your Catcher straight under the pump and gravity does all the work just pump and empty..

G0lddigg@ said:
Next1m8 said:

If that makes sence
Just hold it sidewayz and wrap the bottom of the catchment in plumbers tape because youll hit it on rocks all the time and crack the lid them youll have no suction

I've got a few spare caps I did think about that too mate

Edit-> however I'll still wrap them in tape too avoid breaking so many

SCROUNGER said:
The 'white whale' eh goldtarget? Classic! House paintings a tough way to earn a quid i reckon, and worse when you're doing it as a love job for relos.
Mate if you're still in the game I tip my hat to you. 6 years was long enough. My trade was my degree, but unpaid bills was the last straw that drove me out. Pity as I had the ultimate new home system for two blokes to turn a 25 square with 3 coats plus outside around in 6 days plus touch ups. Made my 2nd boss alot of cash for two years before I came along they were lucky to do them above break even for the home builders. I made a small fortune just doing internal doors offsite for half a dozen crews in the city after I gave up the brush.

Underrated trade for sure, I miss it until I'm doing it! To this day some of my closest mates are painters from trade school.

No not me goldtarget. Just done heaps of houses though, and my mate's in the game and i see how he gets punished by the house builders. I did screenprinting as a trade and saw the light after about 40 years (off and on) of nasty fumes and chemicals.

Ended up buying a 45 elbow and just used spare 50mm as the sleeve I glued the sleeve to the junction but left the elbow un-glued so I can put the catchment left(middle)right sides of the crevicer depending on working location just in case there's rocks either side or in the middle
1430897366_image.jpg
45' facing right
1430897396_image.jpg
45' facing down. Took your advice to GD I put some tape (a lot) of tape on my cap and that's the baby capture chamber

I've got two reducers as I've got two size suction nozzles 32mm which fits inside the 50-40mm reducer and my 32-25mm which fits inside the 40mm reducer to fit my 25mm suction nozzle all for differ clean up classifications

1430898039_image.jpg

Also made sure all my sleeves and reducers don't have gaps on the inside so no heavies can get stuck in tiny pockets inside the assembly

Gold can't hide from me now

All this talk about picks on the forum reminded me of a little mod I wanted to do to my pick handle.
Ok maybe I got soft girly hands but I find that I can't grip the pick hard enough to stop it from slipping in my hand after digging up 10 or 15 fuggets.
So off to Rebel Sports and got a cricket handle grip
1431237598_20150510_144126.jpg

1431237628_20150510_144159.jpg

Insert a plastic bag through it with a long object and then carefully feed it through
1431237736_20150510_144442.jpg

1431237798_20150510_145014.jpg

I got one of the Little M's to help with this. Get them to pull down on the plastic bag while you push it down from the top
1431237922_20150510_145550.jpg

Once its there just roll down the grip half way and cut the bag off. Do the same on the other side and voila a new sissy grip
I ment to say a new Man Grip !!!
1431238115_20150510_145808.jpg
1431238122_20150510_145845.jpg

Cheers
ChrisM

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing Chris.
Bet it doesn't stay that colour for long though! :D
Have the same pick myself and can see the need for a "man type grip" to be added! ;)

Cheers,
Billy.

Ned you have some of the best iconic Australian paintings I have ever seen.you truly have a gr8 skill and keen eye.I enjoy seeing every painting you post up.I think your paintings yould look gr8 painted on a old hand saw or even circular saw blade.I think a painting on a nice big quartz rock with one flat face for painting on the size of a football would look truly awesome.love your work Ned thanks for sharing :)

Thanks k man, pleased you like it, and thanks for the great ideas, have thought about the old cross cut saw and mill saw blades before and would love to do it but, they are very rare to get hold of and usually want an arm and a leg for them, if anyone has some they wish to sell let me know, cheers mate for the input, greatly appreciated. Ned :)

Latest posts