Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest no I dnt wanna be carting extra weight around, the rear section isn't glued but sadly the rest is, except the spray bars so if I need to take them off to clean out build up

Finished another one today, makes me feel at home this painting I don't know why, Cheers Ned :p
1429671412_img_0486.jpg

1429977514_image.jpg

1429977531_image.jpg

Finished the mods, drilled top hopper holes for cable ties, drilled holes in side for the adjustment of the top hopper level, drilled holes for the adjuster arms, put the boiler expanded mesh in, re-mounted rear (old riffle) bolt forward to new riffles section, put a ramp for material to flow over first riffle so it does not get stuck

Hey Next1m8
A Tip
if you want a way to still be able to adjust the angles and dismantle the PVC pipes, you can use teflon tape to seal them and an eye-screw to secure them.
drill a hole in the bends, that will be a tight fit for the eye-screw thread, useing the eye-screw cut a thread into the bends (without the pipe inserted). Once the thread is cut remove the eyescrew and use a small file or knife to remove raised thread on the inside of the bend, then file the tip of the eye-screw down to form a flat head.
think you can figure the rest.
Cheers
Boyd

Today i made.....

It back to work after being off on long term sick leave for the last 20 months !!!

Only doing 2 days a week for 4 hrs to start with. But its a start :)
( See im gunna need some time away camping to get over these two days...Bring on wednesday)

Today i also made Ciabata bread and 4 pizza bases ready to top :). Guess thats dinner ( who's coming ??)

Lambs73 said:
Cheers Matt,

The kids love them. I grew up on a BMX with tuffs.

When I was a tike myself I remember when these came out. Everyone wanted them but they were just too expensive. My dad though was friends with the local bike owner so I had a birthday coming up and was pretty excited, they knew I wanted them badly.

The big day came and there was a large box for me all wrapped up. This was looking good and I was a little excited. So I opened it up nervously and yup it was a new set of Tuffs wheels. Oh WOW was I excited. So I started to rip open the box and as I started looking through it there was nothing but bundled newspaper? until finally at the bottom of the box a pair of socks (and a brick for weight). Well a couple of parents thought it was a really good gag and were pretty happy with themselves. I can tell you I was not impressed, funny after all these years I still remember that birthday event.

Thanks Mum and Dad xxx

Westaus said:
Lambs73 said:
Cheers Matt,

When I was a tike myself I remember when these came out. Everyone wanted them but they were just too expensive. My dad though was friends with the local bike owner so I had a birthday coming up and was pretty excited, they knew I wanted them badly.

The big day came and there was a large box for me all wrapped up. This was looking good and I was a little excited. So I opened it up nervously and yup it was a new set of Tuffs wheels. Oh WOW was I excited. So I started to rip open the box and as I started looking through it there was nothing but bundled newspaper? until finally at the bottom of the box a pair of socks (and a brick for weight). Well a couple of parents thought it was a really good gag and were pretty happy with themselves. I can tell you I was not impressed, funny after all these years I still remember that birthday event.

Thanks Mum and Dad xxx

Haha thats something i would do. I quite often do a pass the parcel thing where they have to unwrap 100 layers and read my silly notes before they get to the present :)

My Dad was a Bike manufacturer here in Australia up til he retired. His bikes were Northern Star Bicycles.

Westaus said:
Lambs73 said:
Cheers Matt,

Thanks Mum and Dad xxx

Funny stuff Westaus,

I grew up on a BMX like these, hence why I rebuilt these ones for the kids.
I must say they're pretty happy about them.
Real head turners down the skate park too. All the kids/teenagers keep asking where my kids got them from.

Proudly they say, 'Dad built them'

Latest posts