Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scratch Awl. Silky Oak, Copper and Stainless thread. Rectangular stock turned on the lathe, the flat bits stop it rolling off the bench.

Cheers Tone
1411692467_img_20140926_080537.jpg

1411692494_20140925_190613.jpg

On Tuesday I went to the local recycling centre and found an old (1978) Coinmaster 6/D and grabbed it for $10. Apparently it was a great machine and was a $400 buy in the late 70s.

Buying that made me want to get into hunting for gold/meteorites and whatnot. The only thing that doesn't work is the internal speaker.

So, I got bored and went out to the shed.

* First I made a mono plug with small speaker which works really well as a 'built in' speaker. Headphones work better but it's nice to have the option.

* Next I grabbed my monopod for my camera and mounted it onto my detector so now it's much easier to travel with. it will even hook onto my camping pack so I now have a telescopic detector.

* I was also sick of carrying a small bag so I mounted a small old camera case under my detector for spare batteries and small finds.

Everything works perfectly and it's so good having a small detector to put in the car. Hope you like what I did with my boredom.

- Josh

1411705771_sdasd.jpg

Hi Jaros. I found a White's Coinmaster 6/DB the other day for $10 and that's where it began for me less than a week ago. Apparently it's a good old machine. Seems to do the job.

Joshuah85 said:
Hi Jaros. I found a White's Coinmaster 6/DB the other day for $10 and that's where it began for me less than a week ago. Apparently it's a good old machine. Seems to do the job.
They are a bloody good old coin/relic machine. Just keep up the ground balancing. As I said before. I have one in the shed still working after 20 years. Lost the battery cover though. LOL at the 6 9v battery's.

I haven't made it yet but I am I'm the process of obtaining bits and pieces to build a power sluice. Today I got batteries! For free too... Well kinda a trade . Seems as they are the most expensive part of I get them first the rest should be easier to get
Dan

dwt said:
let us know if you want some alloy tig welding done my friend, were good to go :D
Got keen for the double to take to Eldorado. Might even throw three on for non stop action. Rollin brother. I'll set up some long Tom extensions to throw on too.

Phantom said:
Dan,
What do you mean by power sluice?
Phantom
A 12v version of a high banker which is also a lot smaller. Might not be the correct name for it but is sounds good I like building things so I'll give it ago
Dan84

Latest posts