Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan,

Really professional unit you have built and that CAD software must have cost a pretty penny.

You should do up a video of the unit in operation showing how to set it up, how it clears the materials, how to do a clean-up and how it captures the gold. The Gold in the gold pan shot always helps to sell them. :D

Cheers,

Grant

stevo said:
Bugger.. I just lashed out and bought a sluice from a shop.. and probably paid to much for it, your design looks much better the one I bought.
I've always found it hard to sell to dealers, by the time freight and retail margins are added it makes the end price a touch high. However in saying that Stevo, my first river sluice I bought was a Keene sluice from a shop and that sluice was awesome!
It was that sluice that recovered some great gold and got me involved in this great adventure of Gold prospecting!

gcause said:
Ryan,

Really professional unit you have built and that CAD software must have cost a pretty penny.

You should do up a video of the unit in operation showing how to set it up, how it clears the materials, how to do a clean-up and how it captures the gold. The Gold in the gold pan shot always helps to sell them. :D

Cheers,

Grant
Hi Grant,
My draftsman and I designed this sluice on auto desk inventor a few years ago, Yes the program is expensive!!! I think this years renewal license is $14,000.I won't be buying the license. I run other program's which can get me similar results
I'm not sure if I will be making up another batch. Working on a couple of new prospecting products at the moment.
I intend to do a YouTube vid on one of them to show our fellow prospectors about some opportunities that are being overlooked.

gcause said:
stevo said:
Bugger.. I just lashed out and bought a sluice from a shop.. and probably paid to much for it, your design looks much better the one I bought.

Im in the same boat Steveo I just bought the Eldorado River Sluice and a Bazooka Gold Trap.
Eldorado and Bazooka are great sluices, no shame their Grant!

Ryan27 said:
gcause said:
Ryan,

Cheers,

Grant
Hi Grant,
My draftsman and I designed this sluice on auto desk inventor a few years ago, Yes the program is expensive!!! I think this years renewal license is $14,000.I won't be buying the license. I run other program's which can get me similar results
I'm not sure if I will be making up another batch. Working on a couple of new prospecting products at the moment.
I intend to do a YouTube vid on one of them to show our fellow prospectors about some opportunities that are being overlooked.

Autodesk inventor has a student version for around $ 250

I dont use it anymore , i went with turboCad Version 15 a few years ago , also "student" version which was around the same price

the cheapest i could get turboCad business version for was $ 5600 and upwards and autodesk was $ 7000 - 12,000 back then

greedy buggalugs they are :eek:

HeadsUp said:
Ryan27 said:
gcause said:
Ryan,

Cheers,

Grant
Hi Grant,

Autodesk inventor has a student version for around $ 250

I dont use it anymore , i went with turboCad Version 15 a few years ago , also "student" version which was around the same price

the cheapest i could get turboCad business version for was $ 5600 and upwards and autodesk was $ 7000 - 12,000 back then

greedy buggalugs they are :eek:
I agree the price is not justified!
However I am trialling some new program's at the moment which so far have better capabilities than inventor.

Jaros said:
Great looking unit Ryan, i'll have one when your ready.
I will package one up tonight so I can get postage pricing accurate.
Then I will post in the classifieds.

With a little time to kill I thought Id knock up a carry box for my batteries.
1407629559_bat1.jpg

Box was from Bunnings for a couple of bucks
1407629611_bat2.jpg

Time to take the Dremel out and cut some slots into an old plastic ruler.
1407629681_bat3.jpg

A few pieces of foam in between, and thats it.
Enough room for 2 sets of Batteries for the SDC and 2 sets for the booster pack.
Best of all they dont rattle around..... :) :)

Ryan27 said:
Guess what I made today ?https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1407669490_image.jpg

tough one

can we have a clue ?

:p

using my psychic powers i reckon a Heavy Metal Rock Band special effects machine which can be used to make sand on its days off down the quarry

do i win anything ?

Fred Flintstone gave one of those to his mother in law for Xmas you know

HeadsUp said:
Ryan27 said:
Guess what I made today ?https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1074/1407669490_image.jpg

tough one

can we have a clue ?

:p

using my psychic powers i reckon a Heavy Metal Rock Band special effects machine which can be used to make sand on its days off down the quarry

do i win anything ?

Fred Flintstone gave one of those to his mother in law for Xmas you know
Pretty good guess LOL :lol:

I have no idea, but my old Tech Drawing/Design :D Teacher at Collingwood Technical high School would have belted me for being a smart ass if I had of submitted that.

I have enough trouble keeping fingers attached as it is then this little slice of temptation shows up.... my grandad kept telling me they grow back but its the pain you go through to try and find out that puts me off. Chances of production and price if so?

Goldtarget said:
I have enough trouble keeping fingers attached as it is then this little slice of temptation shows up.... my grandad kept telling me they grow back but its the pain you go through to try and find out that puts me off. Chances of production and price if so?
Hi there Goldtarget,
I will be making them for production. I am working on the 18volt model at the moment.
Plan to do some video footage of the crusher in action.
If all is well they should be ready for purchase soon.
Cheers Ryan

Ryan if you end up making one that can go on a portable Honda petrol pump I'll grab one.
Just got back from 10 day trip and found heaps of old tailings that still have plenty of gold locked up inside.
Pounded quite a few samples using your jumbo dolly pot and plenty of gold to be had using a crusher but need petrol driven as no electricity for donkeys miles and no chance of carrying a battery 3-4km .
If you end up making something to suit let me know as keen to purchase and on the hunt for one.

elrodeo said:
Ryan if you end up making one that can go on a portable Honda petrol pump I'll grab one.
Just got back from 10 day trip and found heaps of old tailings that still have plenty of gold locked up inside.
Pounded quite a few samples using your jumbo dolly pot and plenty of gold to be had using a crusher but need petrol driven as no electricity for donkeys miles and no chance of carrying a battery 3-4km .
If you end up making something to suit let me know as keen to purchase and on the hunt for one.
Hi elrodeo,
Good to hear that dolly pot is earning it's keep!
There is a small problem with stationary motors and crushing rock.
There isn't many manufacturers that will tell you this.
The fine micron dust that the crusher produces coupled with an air intake in hot weather equals busted motor!!!

The answer to your problem is coming, however if you are going into production for payable quantities of gold then that
3 -4kms with bigger heavier equipment may be a better option.
Remember this, there is huge step from prospector to miner!
I am working on something that may suit you initially somewhat better.
I will let you know once I have all the testing done, I need to find out this new toys's limitations before I sell it.
Cheers Ryan

Latest posts