Today I got

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't buy or cook anything just got something as a pressy or found it, post it here.

Not today but yesterday for my birthday :) it's not new it's been in my family from my mother's side for over 100 years :) made by Alcock in Malvern/East Malvern who started in 1853. It's been a container at our place for about 10 years before that a storage unit for 10 years hasn't been used as a pool table since the late 70's when I was a young'n. Kate had the bright idea to have it restored and I shed a tear when I was walked out to the junk room to be presented with this beautiful old oak pool table :) I was speechless which is a miracle :lol: The quality restoration was carried out by Harry Evans and Sons (Gertrude St Fitzroy) who have been taking care of pool tables for 5 generations 3 of which worked on this restoration :) :Y: :perfect: Harry Evans and Sons have been in the business since the late 1800's :clap: :clap: Couldn't have come at a better time with the lockdown, with its new life there will be many more fantastic family memories around the old pool table :)
1594548000_img_20200712_192131.jpg

Thanks for the challenging replies you've given me an idea :) I'll bring a pool table to a meet up :lol: could make for a few good laughs.

Are you a snooker , billiards , or kelly pool type of bloke, RM outback ? I used to spend alot of hours in my shed playing snooker and thought i was good until i went to the pubs and got beaten everytime by hustlers. I used to hang out and play on the full sized tables at the Walter Lindrum snooker hall in melbourne ,1/2 way between the MCG and Flinders street station , quite a bit. It is now the Lindrum hotel.

just starting said:
Are you a snooker , billiards , or kelly pool type of bloke, RM outback ? I used to spend alot of hours in my shed playing snooker and thought i was good until i went to the pubs and got beaten everytime by hustlers. I used to hang out and play on the full sized tables at the Walter Lindrum snooker hall in melbourne ,1/2 way between the MCG and Flinders street station , quite a bit. It is now the Lindrum hotel.

Played at Lindrum's a few times back in the 80's :Y: Mostly played pool with mates on weekends 300 to 400 games a weekend and played comp for a few pubs in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne not that my quoted experience is to be feared :lol: far from it. Haven't played for years but that's all changed, looking forward to having some good old fashioned family fun :) :perfect:

Latest posts