Today i FOUND - coarse sand panned out in gold claw pocket version

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hello all
Was going to smelt some sulphides Ive been collecting and one small batch had coarse sand in it so I panned it out in the gold claw pocket version and was surprised to find this
Rock was from collar of local mine (Coffs Harbour)
1640647435_fec1aa7d-7ef6-4188-be21-02032fefac3e.jpg

Still is... Mountains are full of it...... In the early 90's, Several large mining co's wanted to get their hands on Coffs and Woolgoolga area... But were stopped by the Green movement, backed by the state gov... Thats why there are so many National Parks in the area now... Stops Mining Companies getting their hands on the Gold....

One of the most richest areas in NSW... Amazing figures came from some mines in the area... But early reports are hard to find due to the Mining Wardens Office at Glenreagh burning down in 1920....

Have you read Georges Gold Mine Books? (free with a google search) eg quote " football size Nuggets have been discovered in the area" un-quote.. ;)

A lot of the Gold is Deep, but great finds are still coming out of there... Just have to know where... ;)

Even in the past 4yrs, several EL's have been applied for and granted in the Coffs region.... If there was no gold there anymore then why would they apply?

LW....

Lone Wolf
You asked if I am familiar with George Robbs book and the short answer is yes thoroughly
I agree with your statements on fossicking restrictions in the area with 70-90% of gold bearing land inaccessible to us amateurs due to mining exploration leases
Of course there is enough gold to be found so as to keep everyone who tries his or her hand motivated
Happy hunting everyone!

Shineon said:
Lone Wolf
You asked if I am familiar with George Robbs book and the short answer is yes thoroughly
I agree with your statements on fossicking restrictions in the area with 70-90% of gold bearing land inaccessible to us amateurs due to mining exploration leases
Of course there is enough gold to be found so as to keep everyone who tries his or her hand motivated
Happy hunting everyone!

Books..... There's 2 now... ;)

LW...

Latest posts