Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome mate. The Vegimite sangas I have for lunch just wont cut it now :p
A chef gave me a recipie for Pork that I have given a go a few times over the coals,but It would work much better in a smoker.
Wild Turkey and brown sugar marinade and baste.
Be sure to test if the Wild Turkey is ok first :D

I COOKED my girlfriend dinner last night.. steak veges and mashed potato.....

For those in the hunter, Babina on hillsborough rd sell an American product called Wrights Liquid Smoke ,which is distilled Hickory or Mesquite. About $5 a bottle and is superb on bacon ,ham ,pork & beef
Just a few drops for a really nice smokey flavour.
Pete

Pr2cv said:
For those in the hunter, Babina on hillsborough rd sell an American product called Wrights Liquid Smoke ,which is distilled Hickory or Mesquite. About $5 a bottle and is superb on bacon ,ham ,pork & beef
Just a few drops for a really nice smokey flavour.
Pete

I prefer actual smoke :D

You know you want it!!

1377772512_nachos.jpg

DrDuck said:
Hey, RJ

Does that Aldi smoker do cold smoking?

Any smoker can be used for cold smoking.
But I guess you want to know if it keeps low enough temps. Short answer is no.
The gas burner keeps the temp too hot for low n slow cooking. I use a couple of heat beads in the tray that holds the wood chips.
It's time consuming for long cooks as you have to put more heat beads in every couple of hours.
For proper cold smoking I made the cold smoker in the video below.
Fairly simple to make.

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE_-cBjPUL8[/video]

Wedding cake.
Well didn't cook it today. Marg and I cooked and decorated our wedding cake. My mum's recipe.
Marg had the vision and I just helped out.
Marg planned the whole wedding. Bought all the tableware, candles etc etc etc.
I just helped with the cake... Stirring the dough. :D

1378535821_cake.jpg

Rod,

Pray tell how you made your cold smoker?

I'm a smokey flavour fan as well.

Nothing better than a couple of smoked fresh mullet.

It seems that as the old blokes die off the harder it is to get good cold smoked fish or anything else for that matter.
I'm watching the election results & I think I will go out the back & slash my wrists after I knock over this bottle of scotch in despair ,

Pete

A cold smoker is fairly easy to build Pete.
Works on venturi effect.
You need a container for sawdust or wood chips, a fish tank air pump and some pipe.
My container is an old liquid soap dispenser.
Pardon my crude drawing in the 2nd pic.
A smaller tube is inserted into the larger T piece. Small tube must pass the vertical leg of the T.
Faster air being pumped thru the small tube creates low pressure in the larger pipe.
This draws air up thru a small hole in the bottom of the sawdust container.
Once you light the sawdust thru the bottom hole, there is enough airflow to keep in smoldering and smoking.
I get about 4 hours from this smoker.
There are many designs on YouTube. I have built another that can smoke constantly as it can be topped up.

Using this type of smoker you can cold smoke in anything...cardboard box, plastic tub.. Etc.

Rod

1378607517_coldsmoke2.jpg

1378607538_smoker1.jpg

This gives me something to build when we get back from Coffs & Nundle

Thanks very much Rod

Pete

]This gives me something to build when we get back from Coffs & Nundle

Thanks very much Rod

Pete

Did I mention Woods liquid smoke which is distilled from hickory,you just put a few drops on whatever for a really smokey flavour.
Available from Bibina in Warners Bay

Latest posts