Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a nice piece of grass fed ribeye. Made a small roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and gravy for two.

Beef was seared and slow roasted to 56c then rested for an hour while I finished everything. It was very tender and delicious.

1633853829_fb_img_1633853455425.jpg

Cheaters Chutney.
I dont have a vegetable garden so when I came across this recipe some time ago I thought Id give it a go, this is a quick recipe
10 mins prep, 30mins cook, 10mins cool and pack. Approx $3 to $4 in ingredients for three 500g jars of chutney.

2 x 400g tins diced tomatoes
500g white sugar
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 large onions diced
1 Granny Smith apple diced
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 dessert spoon mustard powder

Add to large saucepan, bring to boil then hard simmer for 30minutes stirring occasionally.

Turn off, mix 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 1 tablespoon cornflour together and stir thru (add more cornflour mix if you need to thicken it a little more)

Let cool for 5 minutes, pour into sterilised containers.

1633913138_4c77e990-a5fc-48a2-9428-9fbbe3fe7b57.jpg

4 leaf salad mix
Boiled sliced eggs
Avacado
Fried sliced breast chicken
Dices and slices of bacon
Anchovies fillets
Fine sliced parmesan cheese
Chilli n lime soy crisps
Paul Newman's creamy ceaser dressing
The oil from the bacon
Cracked salt
Cracked pepper
1634632083_20211019_190757.jpg

Simple and extremely effective bush Tucker :cool:
Same thing every night until I run out of dressing, then it will be a week of something else, that's how I roll :Y:

20xwater said:
4 leaf salad mix
Boiled sliced eggs
Avacado
Fried sliced breast chicken
Dices and slices of bacon
Anchovies fillets
Fine sliced parmesan cheese
Chilli n lime soy crisps
Paul Newman's creamy ceaser dressing
The oil from the bacon
Cracked salt
Cracked pepper
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2569/1634632083_20211019_190757.jpg
Simple and extremely effective bush Tucker :cool:
Same thing every night until I run out of dressing, then it will be a week of something else, that's how I roll :Y:

I think you better give us the coordinates now. A few of us will se you asap :drooling: :p

Birdseye Chillie Cream of Chicken Cuppa Soup. ...now with 8 twenty yr old chillies, topped with real cream like a cuppa.

Tingly lips, bit sweaty, but the morrow holds no hot surprises any more (these days) :p
1634717389_screenshot_2021-10-20-19-03-15.jpg

Try it.... you'll like it.
(I'll even post 1 person 8 of my dried chillies and the soup if'n they speak up fast... and are game enough) :D

Be the one :perfect:

Latest posts