Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also baught a plastic welder ,I'm gonna have a go at making something similar to a bazooka.

Rob I've never plastic welded before other than some rough stuff with a heat gun also. This welder was on eBay ,as no one local sold them .$80 delivered (pistol type) another six dollars for the "speed weld" nossil.
The plastic sheeting can be picked up local and rods . I'll get the main sheets laser cut and smaller bits do myself.
It should be fun.

Been looking for a Rock hammer or Geologists hammer for a while and had my eye out for an Estwing one but at $80 a pop I was put off. Yesterday I saw this one in Masters for $20 and I thought a little modification and presto...there is my rock hammer :D

1427060843_photo-0361.jpg

1427060843_photo-0362.jpg

1427060843_photo-0360.jpg

1427060843_pick.jpg

Ha ha...Kman...I cut off the sides so it tapers down to a point to bust them rocks open. I got heaps of Blue stashed here somewhere ;)

Ohh yes I can see it better now on my little 3 inch phone screen. :D secret stash hey? You havn't got a 20mm broach in there as well have you mines gone walkies? Or in someones tool box lol.I've seen these similar in bunnings but I'm not sure if they still have them, they were a rock hammer on one side and pointed pick on the otherside hart was the brand from memory

A box of screws. Finally getting some tin on the new shed. Had a few colorbond moments. Once the new one is finished I can
replace the old dry storage shed flooring from the half arsed job I did last winter, arrange a few things and get new shed some creature comforts.

Kiln bricks also picked up this morning which i got payed to take away mwa ha ha gonna get my melt on!

I'm like a kid at his first xmas, my GPX4500 turned up this afternoon, got harness, headphones, ext.speaker, Seta project DVD's, Koss headphones, advantage 12" mono coil, GP series minelab double D coil, Garrett pro-pointer, control box cover, and instruction book, don't know what to open first, like a sheep dog at first light, I'm everywhere, hahahaha, looking forward to being out there with all you great guys real soon, cheers all.Ned :D

Dug said:
Rob I've never plastic welded before other than some rough stuff with a heat gun also. This welder was on eBay ,as no one local sold them .$80 delivered (pistol type) another six dollars for the "speed weld" nossil.
The plastic sheeting can be picked up local and rods . I'll get the main sheets laser cut and smaller bits do myself.
It should be fun.

Throw away the speed weld nozzle, only good for welding vinyl flooring. Use the plastic filler rod and welder as you would if oxy welding.... Hot air just behind filler rod and as it melts push it down into the joint and away from the welder. Takes a bit of practice to get a good weld but easy once you get the hang of it. I've been welding ABS plastic for years fixing Holden GTS dash fascias and consoles.

You should have a 5mm round nozzle as standard on the welder and this is the best to use.

Cheers, Claws

Latest posts