Thoughts?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldlooney said:
I purchased these to give away for christmas as a gift to a newby who is traveling through the tibooburra area. Thought it may help him get on to some gold a bit quicker. Anyway, it's the vibe of the thing...

Thanks for the replies.

goldlooney said:
The problem is that now we live in a world of dishonest people which seems to be becoming more and more common.

It was a realy nice thought to help out a newby no doubt your heart was in the right place.

But dishonest people have always been around,they are nothing new and people like us need to be smarter and less naive.

I hope its "lesson learnt"?

for $50 I can send you another set of gps co-ords to other gold locations......in fact I can give you post codes......

Man tell me you didn't actually fall for that scam......they are for sale everywhere on the web.

Logic would say if the spots were anygood he would be out there digging and not selling......this whole thing smells a lot like a Nigerian inheritance scam.

I am sorry you got ripped mate.....it really sucks when people scam other people.

Harb said:
for $50 I can send you another set of gps co-ords to other gold locations......in fact I can give you post codes......

Man tell me you didn't actually fall for that scam......they are for sale everywhere on the web.

Logic would say if the spots were anygood he would be out there digging and not selling......this whole thing smells a lot like a Nigerian inheritance scam.

I am sorry you got ripped mate.....it really sucks when people scam other people.

I think he feels bad enough and probably is wishing he never told us.

LC76 said:
Harb said:

I think he feels bad enough and probably is wishing he never told us.

Karma being what it is ....

The roundabouts and swings of life dictate that if someone scams me $50 on Tuesday I will probably win $500 on Friday.

Roundabouts and swings .

goldlooney said:
Well perhaps he seen me coming. But I don't think it's ok to disclose the locations after they were sold...
G'day goldlooney,
The seller has the rights as you are the buyer and user.
Detecting for as long as you say you have, you should know better so what's your point??
Just like a Author of a book who prints 10,000 copies, he has the rights of the book. ;)
Nice gold by the way.

I have heard of old prospectors selling their GPS with coordinates for their earlier finds. We were offered this when we first started out with the ATX on a beach in Broome. The guy claimed to be retired for medical reasons and said that he had found about 8 kg of gold over his career. I believe he was telling us the truth as he went on drawing us some mud maps on the beach that turned out to be accurate gold locations. I've thought of it since that perhaps I missed a great opportunity. The latest detector that he'd owned was a GP2000 so there may have still been a lot of gold in his old spots. I know for a fact that the general area that he described has recently produced hundreds of ounces. I guess the difference is that we had face to face contact with the guy and he most likely only had one GPS to sell ;)

Well it looks like he has removed the listing. Just want to thank all of you for your input. Like I said earlier. It's just the vibe of the thing. If I told you some spots to go detecting, or you good people told me some of your favorite spots. I don't think any of us would be over the moon if we run around telling every Tom, Dick and Harry. I see this in a similar way. I don't usually post on the forums etc. But some of you have restored my faith in my fellow man. So I may post a little more frequently. Some people gamble on the horses, I took a gamble on these co-ordinates against my better judgement. Lesson learned.. I'll let you all know if any gold turns up at the locations. I have a friend on to it as we speak. He's never found gold before and he has recently purchased a 2300. I thought the co-ordinates were a good Christmas present. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

This is the bit I like about his $499 location at Georgetown.

What you will also need to obtain to fossick at this location:

1 A current Queensland Fossicking Licence; and

2 Permission from the property owner/s

3 The means, determination, time, hard work and patience.

So if after purchase you don't get permission what do you have for your money ? :rolleyes:
So he's really selling you nothing in effect for if no permission is granted to enter the property of the GPS location you have nothing ............. prick. :mad:

Wouldn't mind betting the location would come up as being at Mt Talbot or on Long Gully, Dells Hole or Western Creek .................... bet the owners that only charge $15 a day would be interested to know about his scam ?
May also be worth contacting the Royal Flying Doctor Service also as I'm sure they would not wish to be associated with his scam as he has done
Quote Below
I hereby vow to donate 10% of the cost of all purchases to Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia

I just sent him an offer his reply should be interesting ;)

1482875752_offer.jpg

Goldlooney,
You do not own any rights to the gps coordinates that you bought........
The seller does and as I said in my first post. Just like the author of a book who prints 10,000 copies of which you buy a copy, it's just that - a copy. The copyright belongs to the author and in your case, the seller.
I think you are not telling us the full story here considering you led us to believe that you were a "newby" ???
Please explain?

diggin4gold said:
Goldlooney,
You do not own any rights to the gps coordinates that you bought........
The seller does and as I said in my first post. Just like the author of a book who prints 10,000 copies of which you buy a copy, it's just that - a copy. The copyright belongs to the author and in your case, the seller.
I think you are not telling us the full story here considering you led us to believe that you were a "newby" ???
Please explain?
Hmmm you have two posts here and they are both in this thread. Are you the seller?

The worst thing about the Tibooburra ones is I reckon I could pluck a handful of coordinates off Google Earth at likely looking areas & you'd have a great chance of finding gold up there with the SDC. A complete rip off IMO but your mate might still find some gold with the SDC at or near the coordinates. This time of year the flies will likely carry him away before he gets the coil on the ground though :lol: Was a nice thought for your mate - maybe next time buy him some maps of the area & use your detecting experience, some research etc. to try to pinpoint some areas for investigation. Would be much more satisfying to find his own gold that way I reckon. Cleaning up scraps on someone else's patch/s would be a short lived thrill really.
I can't believe the hide of this bloke selling coordinates to private property/s! What an idiot - no wonder gates get slammed shut. I've reported his "items" so we'll see what eBay do now I guess. The more reports the better!

There's a couple of other similar sellers on eBay as well offering GPS coordinates Australia wide that are freely available on 4umer + compilations of maps etc. that are also freely available if you look. Probably not much wrong with compiling information to make it easy for others but these grubs don't acknowledge where their information originates from or that it can be found freely. One even says something along the lines of "you can't get the information anywhere else". :rolleyes: The fact they try to claim some sort of copyright over any of it is also laughable.
When I first started out wet prospecting I seen a map for sale on eBay which the seller described as having the locations of rubies & diamonds found along the Cudgegong River. I jumped at it thinking from the description it was a detailed map which I hadn't seen before. Turned out to be some very bad photocopies of maps I already had in far better resolution. They aren't detailed enough to get to a specific spot just general areas. I got done but later found out he was a member on another forum - I made sure his mates knew what a scam artist he was selling shite. He was selling poorly photocopied maps (the one I purchased was one of many) that were freely available elsewhere & basically putting lipstick on a pig in his description in order to sell them.
Once again buyer beware on eBay - if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!

Shoulda offered $4.99, he might not have noticed the decimal point. ;)
Bogger said:
This is the bit I like about his $499 location at Georgetown.

What you will also need to obtain to fossick at this location:

1 A current Queensland Fossicking Licence; and

2 Permission from the property owner/s

3 The means, determination, time, hard work and patience.

So if after purchase you don't get permission what do you have for your money ? :rolleyes:
So he's really selling you nothing in effect for if no permission is granted to enter the property of the GPS location you have nothing ............. prick. :mad:

Wouldn't mind betting the location would come up as being at Mt Talbot or on Long Gully, Dells Hole or Western Creek .................... bet the owners that only charge $15 a day would be interested to know about his scam ?
May also be worth contacting the Royal Flying Doctor Service also as I'm sure they would not wish to be associated with his scam as he has done
Quote Below
I hereby vow to donate 10% of the cost of all purchases to Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia

I just sent him an offer his reply should be interesting ;)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7268/1482875752_offer.jpg

Shoulda offered $4.99, he might not have noticed the decimal point.

Hope he accepts ................... be worth $5 to find out if it's on Long Gully or Western Creek Station ................ :) :) :)

Latest posts