Thoughts?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well perhaps he seen me coming. But I don't think it's ok to disclose the locations after they were sold...

As said above, It's not legal to sell digitally delivered goods like that on ebay :eek:
I think they get away with it as no one reports them anymore :(
There's another guy selling gps for a spot in QLD for a lot of money and the spot is private land needing permission :lol: :lol: :lol:

No you don't own them.

If he has already swept the whole area with his detector what are the chances you will find any gold there ?

Consider that maybe 250 people have spent their weekends detecting the same well known public area and it's not likely that you will walk across that land and find a 300 kg nugget sitting on the surface basking in the sun.

Anyway ,it's a relatively cheap lesson on entry to the hobby That you need to be discriminating in what or who you believe.

There are people whose first introduction to the hobby was spending $4000 for a Metal detector only to discover it was worthless fake junk from China .

approximately 96.318 % of people in this hobby are honest helpful citizens and pretty damn good mathemasticians too, they will help you out with good places to go.

So do you have a detector already and where did you buy it from ?

Firstly im sorry you wasted money , how much by the way .
Secondly you can give him bad feedback.
And thirdly what the hell were you thinking when you decided buying coordinates of this scammer , did you honestly think it would be legit ? .
Anyway mate its a lesson learnt , hopefully you stick around the forum for a while and u will learn enough to never need anyones spots ever again :cool:

Gaz

Or what you could do is ............................ wait a few days and get some one on forum that has a nice collection of good nuggets to send you some pics.............................. then send him an email with pictures thanking him a million for his co ordinates ;)

Could have been worse ...................... you could have purchased the Georgetown gps location (one only) for $499 that he has for sale :D :D :D :D

Honestly just send his email back and take a screen shot of it being returned and place "item not as described" giving doesn't work as reason for return and your money will be refunded.
I've just sent him twenty offers ranging from 1 cent to 20 cents ..................... should keep him busy for awhile :)

I purchased these to give away for christmas as a gift to a newby who is traveling through the tibooburra area. Thought it may help him get on to some gold a bit quicker. Anyway, it's the vibe of the thing...

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah totally understand , a really nice gesture on your part . I hope the spots wether flogged or not are actually real and provide some sort of value for money to you and your friend . Definitely worth bad feedback and a refund via Ebay.

a bit silly buying gps plots on unknown or well known areas however if gold was really found there where they claim it to be found I guess you can ask some questions like 1 how deep was it found what type of ground was it found in example reef or alluvial is there any deep leads mines and mining history past drilling made by modern day companies and all the reports/paper to back it up in the area etc. ask him how well he knows the area if he can't tell you those simple things its a waste of money also ask how deep the ground is for example if I knew someone found gold on a low slope I would ask them 3 things 1 is it rough or worn gold 2 how deep was it 3 have you tested where the bedrock is with an hand auger and if so what depth is true rock bottom ?. if the gold is worn its likely the source is not nearby and if you wore only buying the info for trying to find the source of the gold it would be a waste of money however if the gold was found to be rough it might be worth every cent you paid for the info because then you could track down the source and quite possibly make a lot of money mining the unfound source that's if there is a source. 2 and 3 you need to know how deep the bedrock is so that 1 if you wanted to get a lease on the area you know how deep you can go before you hit bedrock over a wide area for an example if its alluvial gold sometimes the depth is anywhere between 1 to 60 meters in depth sometimes deeper.

so you kind of get where im going if you want to mine areas previously unfound or touched the info is very valuable especially to mining companies looking in those areas if its true and accurately correct

but if you just want the info for general prospecting panning or sluicing or metal detecting it is a waste of money because the surface is so flogged.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Buying GPS co-ordinates in my opinion is no different to buying gold maps showing workings, leads, reefs etc. The problem is that now we live in a world of dishonest people which seems to be becoming more and more common. I was only $30 or so out of pocket so no big loss. But one would hope that there are still some genuine and decent one's among us still. And from my experience. In even heavily worked or so called cleaned out areas, no one gets all the gold. My last nugget in these worked out areas was just shy of 28 grams. Just for the record. I've been prospecting since the mid 1980's. I don't often post my finds etc on forums etc. Just to clear up some of the misconceptions that I was a newby...

1482831622_gold.jpg

Mate there is no doub't he's on a hill ;)
Have a look at the fine print in the single GPS co ordinate your seller is selling at Georgetown for $499 ........................... if you read down the bottom you have to get the land owners permission before you can even use it so until then the purchase is useless no matter what the result ? Just another low life trying to relieve honest people of their hard earned :/

Latest posts