This is a sad day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry Goldchaser1 you will still be paying for an unseen service provided by the government and then you can pay for the future digital downloads and updates from next December you can then get your digital map printed at a printers who may print at the correct scale
I was looking for some Topo maps recently for some research and to teach the grand daughter some map reading skills she thought the gps was sooo much better til i took the batteries out
Pagan P

Very disappointing but if they provide the maps for free download as Dr Hill indicated in the article so we can have them printed then I don't have a problem, Officeworks might be rubbing their hands with glee; new work for the A1 printers!

Dihusky, I have found Officeworks (Southport) very un-cooperative when it comes to printing/copying Maps that 'could' be copyright...
They wouldn't even copy a hand drawn map I made..... :mad:

I am more than happy using Don Kibble, Drawing Office supplies and Plan Printing... 18 George St Southport.... No issues with Copyright there... ;) And cheaper...

LW....

Yeah i agree guys,i remember being able to buy them at a large newsagents back home in the day,they had a whole stand of them covering alot of the coast and inland.
We use the hema or memory maps alot now but all has to be charged,for eg the hema is not much chop when not on charge,i fitted a bigger battery in ours which helped but still only good for 2-3 hrs still off the charger,now we have a plug on the quad to keep it going,hema is an overpriced POS if ya ask me,the charging system has flaws.
Never seen the downloaded printed maps,just thinking the quality wont be the same as the gov ones,annoys me looking at a small screen most the time when ya can fold a topo out and have an instant picture of the whole area,oh well technology marchers on.....

Latest posts