Sad day for me

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
A few weeks ago a long time mate and former boss rang to give me some bad news....His business had to close it's doors to trading. 11 years of providing the local community with a top notch service came to an end. In the time we worked together in his small (but operationally large) business he was a great friend, mentor and confidant. We had so many great days together, and gave me a huge leg up and support to go out and follow my dreams both personally and professionally. He is by far one of the hardest working genuine guys I will ever have the privilege to know. Honest and and heart of gold, he would do anyone a good turn whenever the opportunity was available. A lot of local families and farmers had extra cash in their pockets to see them through life thanks to him personally including all the locals he employed over that time.

Today is especially sad for me because the liquidators have came in and today started the sell off. It's heartbreaking to see all those things that used to surround me, and those things I used to do the daily grind with all going out the door. Anyway he's had some time to spend with his young family and wife and I'm sure he will land on his feet.

To help a brother out though, if I may, I would like to know if it's alright to post up the website they are using and search word to check out the items for sale located in regional Vic? Any extra interest will go a long way to helping him out over the long run. I'll hand over to the mods to respond.

Lastly support your local bloke wherever you can. Peace.

Man I feel for you GT and all those families. No matter how large or small the business, it has a ripple effect. I hope your employees have had as much luck as my mates former employees, thankfully all bar one have managed to find full time jobs. Ran into one of my ex workmates today, so there's smiles in there too.

Honestly I get it could be infinitely worse, terminal illness etc. In the grand scheme it's small potatoes.

Latest posts