The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago i was a member of a Melbourne based prospecting club, Parks Vic came to a meeting and they told us Prospecting is prohibited in the Yarra River.
The exempted stream list confirms this and also states the tributary streams are included. The only exception i am aware of is Anderson's Creek where a small section
allows it.

I was watching and my ears did pricked up when he said he was prospecting in the yarra river.
It was a bit hard to enjoy the show after that. I only kept watching because I got the fever :goldnugget:

Yep, same. Was watching, jaw on the floor. Hell, I'd love to pull gold from the Yarra but best we stick to the conditions of our Miners Right to protect this great hobby of ours. Unless you host a tv show which seems to exclude you from the rules.

Surprised that 7Mate put this to air. May as well have showed us how to dredge.

Yep, Yarra upstream of Plenty River and all its tributaries are off limits "except" for a small area, haven't checked but believe around Launching Place.

He definitely should have mentioned that exempted rivers are out of bounds but in the end I suppose it's up to individuals to be familiar with what they can and can't do, or go.

Cheers T.

TV time changes for Wk end Prospector. This is a screen shot.

1601609219_20201002_125526.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up i watched it for the first time yesterday, not bad. I was concerned for the fat bloke that he wouldn't be able to get back out of that mine but having said that he knew his stuff and that mine looked worthy of a dig, not that you would get me in there.
Mackka

love this show,been in lockdown forever and just great to see Vic bush/goldfields and for a mug like me Andrew Bales is great

This last episode in Daylesford was excellent. I thought his advice was spot on.
I also thought he showed the reality of gold detecting, digging a lot of rubbish, digging a sweet target sound that endEd up being mineralised clay, and of course finding some gold. His advice on how to read the ground and where to try was excellent too. Thumbs up from me. :Y: :Y:

Likewise with the Daylesford episode[guess where I'm going after lockdown] his passion & knowledge make great viewing.Also don't mind Bearing Sea Gold for the soap opera factor

Agree that this, for me anyway, was the best episode to date.
Next week should be interesting ...... looked like Mark Day from Ballarat Gold so possibly around the Creswick area.
Time will tell.
Cheers T.

ps ..... I've knocked him for his silly habit of using the bottom of the coil to recover targets (and the lack of a scoop) but he's really a top bloke.

Latest posts