The rookies finds with the Ace 250.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Only started detecting a couple of weeks ago and love it! I have an Garrett Ace 250 but am already considering upgrading, not sure what yet though.

The only thing about the hobby is that everyone seems to watch which I find a bit off putting so the places i've been I try to go when there is less traffic.

It goes without saying I've dug up a lot of rubbish, in the photo's i've included some of the rubbish but there is probably a plastic bag of rubbish I've turfed out.
1454834217_all_coins.png

1454834154_all_found.png

Funnily enough the oldest coin is in much better condition then the 1cent/10cent and 20cent coin.

1454834326_mary.png

I went out for about 10 minutes today at a park and found this in the first 20 seconds. apparently it is called a 'Miraculous medal' it reads "Mary conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee"

Hopefully the best is yet to come :)

Off to a great start there Anzac
Nothing wrong with the 250 ... Very capable unit
Upgrade if you like ,but i would say stick with what you have ... Youve only just started :rolleyes:
A 'better' machine wont make you a better detectorist

Sandta said:
Off to a great start there Anzac
Nothing wrong with the 250 ... Very capable unit
Upgrade if you like ,but i would say stick with what you have ... Youve only just started :rolleyes:
A 'better' machine wont make you a better detectorist
Yeah I know. I just like how the 705 gives a numerical reading on targets.

As for the medal, I believe it is aluminium as it has 'italy' stamped on the back.

My mate with his 305 was hampered at the start by all the numbers,.. meanwhile me n the Ace were pullin targets left right and centre,... mind you, once he worked it out a bit he could hold his own,... but the Ace250 is fast and ruthless in the right hands. :D

He's a bit of a fast thinker then,.... or just a lucky walker. :lol:

Latest posts