The Poetry Section

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All and everyone is welcome here!.No recriminations, no insults, no intimidations.No negativity.Just the Glory of the Written Word :D :cool:
The Spirit of peace and goodwill are the two main sentiments that I take from christianity...And I'M AN AGNOSTIC! :p
A bit of a paradox I guess...But one thing I am sure of IS, Without Goodwill...there is never Peace....Thus...
This Unholy Scene.

The Battle raged throughout the night
Morning revealed a terrible sight
The Ranks had broken into fitful sqirmish
Fought in pairs with weapons furnished
From Dead and Dying soldiers slain
God knows they all have died in vain

I faced my enemy man to man
Each of us with sword in hand
We fought each other to the death
Rolled in the dirt exchanging breath
He pierced my heart I cut his spleen
I wondered just what might of been.

If we had met on better terms
A sunny day in warmer therms
If we had shared a drink or two
No battle cry just 'me and you'
What marvelous things that might have been
Instead of this...'Unholy Scene'.

copyright.R.L.LANGLANDS.2018. ]:D

Thank you 'Flowers'!. :Y: I have edited out the 'typo's in the original draft. :8 ]:D I have in the past had one of the moderators who would do that for me! ]:D...just lazy on my part I spose' ]:D..regards...Rossco.

I dont mind typo's at all, let the]m stoy, it's all good, just get the woyds out. Let the typos' rayn soopreeme.
:lol: :) :) :) :) :) :Y: :Y:
(Just playing aboot with the difren.t fonts)

I must try and write a poem about that too

:Y: :p ...haha!..if ut aint writ rite itl git lotsa krikitsisums from armchair crikits! ]:D :D ]:D ..Ino only two wel...I gits krikitsized...and banded from 'Genrul Comets', FoR MEE POMES! :mad: Thinc Il go n comit Harry karri. ]:D

reefer said:
:Y: :p ...haha!..if ut aint writ rite itl git lotsa krikitsisums from armchair crikits! ]:D :D ]:D ..Ino only two wel...I gits krikitsized...and banded from 'Genrul Comets', FoR MEE POMES! :mad: Thinc Il go n comit Harry karri. ]:D

Love it!!!!
That's poetry in itself reefy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

HEHE!... :cool: kARRI ON SILV'A!..Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself and the world!...As I understand it there's a Theory getting around in the QUANTUM MECHANICS FIELD..Which suggests that we are surrounded by parallel universes...or Multiverses! :eek: I think I have been spun off one of those and landed here...and I'm not kidding! :p ]:D ]:D

Nothin sayin the next time round
needs be upon that very rock
that one from whence ye came
for where your bound
no starbound rules have yet been found
cast or written plain to see
from origin to infinity
silver today :rainbow:

Heatho said:
I'll have a go.

Ahem.

This useless dunny is no good at all
For the bowl is too high and the hole too amall
To this must be added an obvious retort
My bum is too large and my legs too short.

If you guys don't approve I'll delete it. :Y:

Approve :Y:
Its funny Heatho :D :D

reefer said:
As I understand it there's a Theory getting around in the QUANTUM MECHANICS FIELD..Which suggests that we are surrounded by parallel universes...or Multiverses! :eek: I think I have been spun off one of those and landed here...and I'm not kidding! :p ]:D ]:D
Hey reefer, was there much gold on your parallel universe...or Multiverse?
Cause it's getting a bit skinny on the ground in this one.

Hey Chiron52! :Y: Mate I was rolling in the suff! ]:D ..haha!..coming to Earth was a big let down! :D ..been scratch'in and digg'in..can't find more then a fleck or to..WTF!..WHAT THE fleck! ]:D My mate 7.62 marksman, reckons we'll strike it soon enough! :p :p :p :Y: :Y: :Y: ..he say's TRUST ME!...HEHE!..I SORELY WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE HIM! ;) It really hurts when your not pulling grams eh!...I had a rough tally the other day of just how much it costs to do one trip away for 2 days....freaked me out..of course the further you go the more it costs but just to go for an overnighter to Oallen...was like...450 bucks...that's fuel,food,grog and a stop at Maccas there and back...plus fags..wear n' tear etc... 8) 8) unbelievable! ]:D ]:D but that ain't stop'n this silver fox..no way Siree! :lol: :lol: :cool: I'll just have to trust my mate Ken! 8) ..even though he tried to flog some bridge in Sydney to me last night, that's supposed to look like a Coat-hanger! :eek: ....on the other hand...if its got a good view!.. :cool:

Mackka..We would be honoured to make your acquaintance John.Ken is one of the most interesting of people with a generous heart.He is one of those blokes with whom it is a pleasure to spend time with, Ex-Army with a can-do attitude and the means to do it to boot. He has a typical Australian sense of dry humour...but is not adverse to a bit of frivolity... :lol: Then there's the other side of him... :p ]:D low and dark..you just never know where he is or what his up to ]:D ]:D :cool: ...a really mysterious character if there was ever one.
Me!...well I'm a wandering minstrel type! 8) :p ...Love the bush and all it has to offer..I break-out into song at the most odd times...or flash out me harmonica when a melody comes to mind! :eek: :p haha..theres never a dull moment I can tell you.
OH! The tyranny of distance John.God knows if we will ever meet face to face...but it will be a grand day if we ever do. :Y: Kindest regards...Rossco.

There's A New Flag Flying in The South.

There'll be a new flag flying in the South
T'will be raised each day at dawn
Forever it will proudly fly
Free of controversy or scorn.

It's main theme will be the Southern Cross
Affixed upon the 'Fly'
And heads will turn and hands on hearts
When er'e it's passing by.

No symbol of a foreign land
Will feature in the Canter
In stead, will be an Australian theme
Determined by lengthy Banter.

What should be there and what should not
Won't matter in the end
For it will represent us ALL!
And a powerful message send.

That we at last are Truly Free!
No yoke around OUR neck
United under Sapphire Blue
And Silver Stars by heck!

And though it might take many years
And cause some strife and lot's of Tears
There'll be a New Flag Flying in the South
We'll shout it from the Hilltops
And Pass it on by word of mouth
There's a New Flag Flying in the South...copyright.R.L.LANGLANDS.2018.

Latest posts