The "Guilty Nugget"!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider and ant holes give me the willies, as a SDC operator I usually only scrape 1/2" at a time and some of those bug holes are ten times the size of the nuggets I have become accustom to chasing.

I have lost a couple of lead shot down them :rolleyes: ...... got to give those GPZ jockeys something to get excited about. :D

Thanks for your offers and thoughts guys, the aggressive ones amused me immensely :D
I do have and aldi John as well as my sd2000 and will be taking them both to the site on Saturday.
I was so so sure that I had it in the bucket I brought home but when I panned it , the cupboard was bare.
Hey there SCROUNGER , if I fail to find the "Guilty Nugget" on Saturday I will send you a pm and come to some sort of arrangement with you.
And thanks Meta for your righteous anger, words of encouragement and also the detector offer mate, all is appreciated.
Lets hope it gets found soon. :8

stoyve said:
Thanks for your offers and thoughts guys, the aggressive ones amused me immensely :D
I do have and aldi John as well as my sd2000 and will be taking them both to the site on Saturday.
I was so so sure that I had it in the bucket I brought home but when I panned it , the cupboard was bare.
Hey there SCROUNGER , if I fail to find the "Guilty Nugget" on Saturday I will send you a pm and come to some sort of arrangement with you.
And thanks Meta for your righteous anger, words of encouragement and also the detector offer mate, all is appreciated.
Lets hope it gets found soon. :8

If I was closer mate I would give you every machine I got just to get it back, Aye.

Don't be surprized if that ALDI machine does find it because it wont pick up the EMI like the high priced machines and check a good 4 feet all the way round the hole, ok.

Good Luck mate, I got my fingers crossed for ya.

john

Bit of bad luck there, but at least you learnt a valuable lesson... (even if it was the cruellest way possible) 8.(

Fingers crossed you find it when you go back though. I'd look forward to reading the pt.2 of this post!

Thanks John,
I cleaned about 4 foot around the hole and took it home to pan.
This time I will work 10 foot around the hole.
Cheers Steve

Avenged said:
Bit of bad luck there, but at least you learnt a valuable lesson... (even if it was the cruellest way possible) 8.(

Fingers crossed you find it when you go back though. I'd look forward to reading the pt.2 of this post!

It might be an Idea to grab a couple of fertilizer bags and a dustpan and brush and sweep up the whole area clean and then check it all out back home??

crazy but it might work.

john

1440830361_imag0048.jpg

Well I went out to the gold fields today to retrieve the "Guilty Nugget" this morning.
Armed with the sd2000 and the aldi special detectors,
I arrived at the disaster area where the "Guilty Nugget"
was lost by the MORON aka me :| , and proceeded to remove mud and soil in a very forensic manner 1 centimeter at a time, and detecting it after each layer.
After 15 minutes or so I got a clear signal from the sd2000 and slowly squeezed each piece of soil and mud as I waved it over the coil.
Suddenly I felt something solid as my hand hovered over the coil,
I saw a flash of yellow,
and there it was..
The "Guilty Nugget" :D
Never has such a small nugget gained a history and a reputation, once lost twice found and yes it is a 2 grams nugget.
During the retrieval of the "Guilty Nugget" when on my hands and knees a small mob of roo's almost smashed into me while in full flight.
If I hadn't sat up straight with my arms outstretched I may have been knocked out.
They flew past either side of me at about half a metre.
What a day.
Cheers Steve :D

No wonder you felt pretty bad about it.
That is one nice nugget there mate. ;)
Well Done. It is a lucky thing that some one else did not wave a coil across the hole in between the episode. LOL

Gday Meta,
My mate is still here in Victoria till Tuesday week and insists that I should keep it.
We plan another excursion before he goes so I'll take to the same spot again.
He really loved it there and I'm pretty sure there's more where that came from.

Glad you got it back Stoyve...and such an entertaining manner in the telling.

Well done on both accounts & "guilt" no more....now called the Absolution Nugget perhaps?

Gypsy

Latest posts