The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Coinballs,... the very very,....very elusive, 1893 coin. :eek: ;) :p :D

Here we go again,.... the elusive 1892,... no where to be found(ha). :D

But hey,... I found one once. ;) :D
Presenting 1892. :p
1445548320_sam_6642.jpg

1445548354_sam_6641.jpg

Looks like we are moving right along(again). :eek: ;) :D

Nahh,...darn,...F A L S E - A L A R M--F A L S E - A L A R M--F A L S E - A L A R M--F A L S E - A L A R M .
I just looked on the net and 1892 has the young Queen Victoria head so the one above has to be 1899(darn). :( :8
So we are still looking for the 1892 coin. :lol:

You will do anything to post a good looking coin Silver. :eek: :lol: :D

Nice find though :cool:

I honestly believed it was a 1892 at the time of posting,.. then the more I looked at it, the more the 2 started looking like a 9,... then when I got on google my eyes gogled at victorias youthfullness,... but I do have a really nice looking 1891 ready to go(one sided at least).
We all still mates though :) ,....right 8.( :D

It does look for the world like a "2", though as you say, the head is a giveaway. Can't wait till we emerge from the 1890's, been real slow going. :/

Hi Guys, on a recent trip to the area around Tarnagulla I found this little ripper an 1817 English Silver Shilling.The side in the photo is ok but the other side has only a bit of a crown and the
1446784829_fullsizerender.jpg
letters MAL the rest of the coin is bald lol but not bad for a coin 198 years old

Nice coin shifty. Congrats. :D

This topic is counting down year by year to the oldest coin. We are currently waiting for a coin from 1892.

Here are the rules from the first post:

I borrowed this idea from another site. Just for a bit of fun,i thought we should find out our oldest Forum coin find.
But with a difference, I'll start of with a 2014 coin then someone else posts a 2013 coin find.
Next member posts a 2012 find and so on.Until we reach our oldest find without missing a consecutive date.
RULES : Coins must be found in Australia. Does not have to be an Australian coin but must be found in Australia.
It can be a coin or token. Coin dates have to be in order, and you cannot post consecutively dated coins.
CURRENTLY WAITING FOR A COIN FROM 1892

I found this lovely 1892 Gold Sov using my Google Search Machine.......

1447927088_mlub4bdhrlad6nu3q7xffda.jpg

Can I now post my 1891 Brit Penny please?????? ;)

Mike. :)

Have a look on Coinworks.com they have rare and early coins!!! :D

I found an 1813 half penny picture but cant upload from my phone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts