The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1894 six pence.
1439636257_image.jpg

Around 25 years ago I went on a trip with the Mt Waverley club in Victoria, it was a long time ago and I really cant remember where we went that weekend as we went on a few trips. I had a minelab detector (XT1700???), a good detector back then. Anyway I found a 1867 half penny that weekend. :) The group found a lot of big nuggets and one chap did some research and found a store box badge in the remains of the store in a farmers paddock. Sadly I slightly hit the coin with the pick and damaged it. I moved to Qld and kept the coin for years until one day while I was at work the kids took it out to the sand pit to play with and lost it. As I didn't have a detector then I couldn't recover it. If anyone is living on Bribie Island I can give the address and location of the sand pit and maybe you could knock on the door?

It looked just like this, only now has a pick mark on one side.

1441426198_380008-medium2.jpg

1441426217_380009-medium.jpg

Blindbat said:
Around 25 years ago I went on a trip with the Mt Waverley club in Victoria, it was a long time ago and I really cant remember where we went that weekend as we went on a few trips. I had a minelab detector (XT1700???), a good detector back then. Anyway I found a 1867 half penny that weekend. :) The group found a lot of big nuggets and one chap did some research and found a store box badge in the remains of the store in a farmers paddock. Sadly I slightly hit the coin with the pick and damaged it. I moved to Qld and kept the coin for years until one day while I was at work the kids took it out to the sand pit to play with and lost it. As I didn't have a detector then I couldn't recover it. If anyone is living on Bribie Island I can give the address and location of the sand pit and maybe you could knock on the door?

It looked just like this, only now has a pick mark on one side.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6025/1441426198_380008-medium2.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6025/1441426217_380009-medium.jpg

Nice coin Blind rat. But that is not how this game is played. We are currently looking for a coin from 1893

I'll post the rules from the first post here for those who missed them.

Ramjet said:
I borrowed this idea from another site. Just for a bit of fun,i thought we should find out our oldest Forum coin find.
But with a difference, I'll start of with a 2014 coin then someone else posts a 2013 coin find.
Next member posts a 2012 find and so on.Until we reach our oldest find without missing a consecutive date.
RULES : Coins must be found in Australia. Does not have to be an Australian coin but must be found in Australia.
It can be a coin or token. Coin dates have to be in order, and you cannot post consecutively dated coins.

And welcome to the Forum Bb(Blindbat),... some one on here may be able to do that search. :D

wombat72 said:
u guys have very nice collections!!!
Good thread hey Wombat,... cause you know everything came out of the ground that everybodys showing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts