That's not a Knife

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some more babies of mine
1494753957_100_63301.jpg

Aaaah the memories 7.62,

I'm a bit of a collector of the blades and while many aren't deemed "legal" by someone they all have their own character.

Of course they are the ones I handed back and no longer have in my possession......

The "tiger" knife in post #163 looks identical to one that although a cheap, inferior steeled blade, I have always liked. Good grip and easy to sharpen ;)

Do you remember the old "flick combs"? I made up a perfect replacement for the comb out of steel haha :lol:

And the "Rambo"knife? The Chinese seem to like to put a dodgy compass on everything these days and I reckon it started with that knife!! :D

Keep em coming mate :cool:

The one you are talking about is a cheap version i think but it looks good
Yes i had a flick comb years ago i have no idea where it is now
i havent seen one for that long if any one has one please put up a picture ]:D
I recieved a beautiful knife last week off a pa member i have to do a bit more research before i show it on here
That person knows who he is and i thank you again

Wishfull said:
Was thst a garage sale special ? Military .303 ammo and a speed clip awsome. :Y:

My elderly neighbour is downsizing and had a bunch of gear he was disposing of, he invited me over for a pick and found the tin with some other cool antiques that just needed to be saved.

Got a surprise when I opened it. Turns out to be some of his father's kit and he showed me the completed family heirloom.

Lol love your family er um I mean collection mate!

The excalibur in post #163 is my go to utility knife. Have had it since I was 16 though mines a little more "loved" than yours.
Will put up a few pics of my own pointy things when I get home.

TGW.

1495507785_img_20170523_17986.jpg

7.62marksman said:
The one you are talking about is a cheap version i think but it looks good
Yes i had a flick comb years ago i have no idea where it is now
i havent seen one for that long if any one has one please put up a picture ]:D
I recieved a beautiful knife last week off a pa member i have to do a bit more research before i show it on here
That person knows who he is and i thank you again
expecting a war soon marksman 8) amazing collection mate

My go to tool that is with me 24x7 is the Skeletool. Been with me for about five years now and get used daily guaranteed. Never sharpened the blade and it is getting a bit long in the tooth now. If anyone can recommend how to sharpen the serrated half end of this knife I would really appreciate it.

Also have the Wave that travels in the "glove" box with me wherever I go.

Skeletool.
1495716317_20170525_223400.jpg

Yes that looks like it has served you faithfully
I have my favorites but try to be fair to them all :8
I use an oil stone for most of my sharpening
For a quick fix on my daily i use kleva sharp also use it on my kitchen knives as well

7.62marksman said:
Yes that looks like it has served you faithfully
I have my favorites but try to be fair to them all :8
I use an oil stone for most of my sharpening
For a quick fix on my daily i use kleva sharp also use it on my kitchen knives as well

Cheers 7.62marksman for the sharpening tips. I have oil stone here and will give it a shot if i get some time.

Latest posts