That pump walk situation

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Just had a thought.
I am going to be running 60 to 80 meters of hose at Tuena and you know the feeling,
Setup and start the pump.
Go to the highbanker, Need more water,
Back to the pump.
Go back to the Banker and find you have too much.
Back to the pump.
Go back to the Banker and adjust accordingly to suit.
Shovel like a demon for 1/2 an hour.
Back to the pump.
After shutting the pump down,
Go back to the Banker and clean it out.
Back to the pump.
Start it and back to the banker.
Soon fix that. :lol:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-x-OZ48...31c10fe&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=121487252401

Good thinking..hell i only run a 15mtr hose and i want one.

OK.
Just ordered an actuator and RF remote controller.
15 Meters. ?? :D
I would not mind that but when you start to run meter's of hose uphill, besides
the distance problem, you raise the issue of your pump cavitating if you use a lock off valve on the banker.
I am only fitting this to my Davey 1.5 inch pump as it is the big guns when the going gets rough. :lol:
The actuator is not the one I stated above. I have gone a bit better in quality as it will be in a bit tough environment.
Any way. I will let you all know how I go with it. :D :D

Hey Doug I bought one of these for $19-50. :p
1437446110_63mm-water-shut-off-font-b-pvc-b-font-font-b-2-b-font-1-font.jpg

Cracka

Yeah !!!
I got a brass one mate. :D :D :D
Much better quality. PMSL.
I had one of them but the bore reduces down too far for me.
Have a read through what I said before.
I could use a bypass tap but, well I likes me gadget's.
How cool is it too control your pump from 100 meters away.
Pretty damn good I think. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firstly, will that remote work from inside your tent? ;) Secondly, Make sure the remote will operate at a range longer than your hose. Cant wait for September mate, See you there.

Cracka

The fun I could have from the tent mate. LOL :D
Yeah, I crashed and burnt big time. 8)
Too much work, Not enough Holidays. :mad:
Remote has a range of 100 meters.
I will improve that with a small Antenna on the receiver. :D

Remote controlled pump... man i would use one.. and ill put in an order for a ground xray that can scan bedrock to see crevices that might come in handy 8) ..
Sometimes bunnings have elcheapo garden hose reels for sale i use them on my long lay flat hoses :)
Good luck with the build

cheers tige

Thanks Tige,
I think when folks see what I am going to get up to at Tuena they will see what I am on about. :D
Nothing like a little challenge to keep the creative juices alive. :cool:

Right,
I have completed the prototype and am now making the final adjustments.
After polishing it a bit I will post a video and a few photo's.
No more long walks. LOL.
Stay Tuned...

makes sense to me, i did a custom job lst year bloke wanted a remote kill switch. was a peace of piss to install only cast $100 all up. I'm a fan of the bypass valve closer to the unit myself but most of the time i run pretty close to the water.

I think its a great idea, more time to prospect and not farting around is good time saved i reckon... cant wait to see what youve built mate

OK.
It is a bit rough at the moment but you will get the idea how it all works. :)
Yes, The actuator is a bit over kill but it is all built to withstand the vibration and transporting the unit around.
Besides, It did help with height considerations etc.
1438650825_img_20150804_094558_medium.jpg

Looking at the RF Unit. The person who sold this to me would be one of the nicest bloke I ever spoke to. A Good Old Aussie. :)
1438650910_20150724_120859_medium_2.jpg

I will post a video when I sort out where that darn spring come from on the governor. :lol:

LOL, The first one I made warped when the pump went under load. Ooops.
Taking into consideration the jaw coupling, I had to make things a bit rigid to stop it from
running out of line.
If not, The results would be rather entertaining. 8) :lol:
Hence the wheels that should be wider on the back of it. It has a detachable handle for transporting it around. As I
said before, I will only use this pump for heavy applications and a backup.
It is going to look a bit out of this world sitting beside a water source with an Antenna sitting on top of it. PMSL.
Oh well, I had to do some thing. :lol:
Maybe even hang a Eureka Flag on it. :lol:

OK.
All done and only have to wire in the Antenna lead and away it will go.
I have tried it already with out it and, It works.
Will have a Video up shortly.

Wish I had an Auto Start. :D
Very perceptive of you. :lol:
There is a delay going on as the receiver has what is called Latching mode.
Double button press fix's that but all I wanted to do was show off the unit working.
True it is a bit hairy as the pump ran out of fuel because I turned the tap of to run.
I do not store it full of fuel. :)

I wasn't at all insinuating that you had made an error at all, was just wondering how successful the mod is as I'm very interested as well. It looks awesome and seems to work very well for its purpose!

I hate the delays in electronics though, I was driving a ford territorty( I think ) and the accelerator had like a 2 second delay!! Not the safest thing I recon.. the same with your pump, but there's no safety concerns there, but if it was used elsewhere, you would certainly still want a safety stop switch even possibly hardwired using light speaker cable ( which I know defeats the wireless thing )

Latest posts