Steel Phase Amplifier

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my SteelPhase unit out today with my SDC for its maiden run.

Great unit...was able to play with the mode and filters to get it right for me. Wasn't sure how well it was working until I nearly blew my ear drums on a lead bird shot at about 150mm deep.

No gold today but some lead and some iron...means the machine is working and I got some much needed outdoor exercise.

The SteelPhase audio enhancer is a great unit.

My hunt results from a overnight trip with the help of Sp01 and a new set of cog headphones. Cheers Steel Phase and Phase tech for the ripper products.
1509872800_img_0869.jpg

1509872800_img_0870.jpg

Looking forward to purchasing one and selling my new in the box B&Z. How long before you've replenish Rob's (Rob's Detectors) stock, and send some cases/pouches as well. :)

Jennifer

Mungass said:
definitely want a pouch Jen ; got one from Nenad a coupla weeks ago after using an improvised one, played with the filters last week in Whroo with noisy monos and they worked well , but with my detech 15 dd they shined in the dirty ground. cheers big ears ;) Jed

Cheers, thank you sir.

Jen

They're a good unit imho. A noticeable difference in noisy ground. :Y:

I just want to add that I have only used the unit with Koss headphones. I havent tried it with a speaker. I usually use a speaker but hunting the fainter signals with the Sp01 so I just assumed I'd get better results with headphones. Happy with the results.

Ive just been out to a spot I know that has been flogged by me and many others with my sdc and spo1 and picked up 5little bits plus 5species Im sure the spo1 helped the biggest problem was reckonising the signals also dug lots of ground noise sometimes the ground noise turned into a target spo1 excellent cheers muk.
1526109706_e3050941-d842-4804-b938-84c2e3bc74c6.jpg

I've found that now I've gotten used to detecting with the SP01 I can't go back to detecting without it .... considering getting a 2nd one so I can always have one on charge, but then it doesn't take long to recharge anyway.

My question is, does anyone use Filter 3? I initially dismissed it because of the volume drop, but I was playing with it yesterday and I swear it picked up a piece of birdshot that was barely audible in Filter 2. This was with SDC2300. SteelPat can you give us any hints what Filter 3 does?

If I may suggest some improved RF shielding for the next Steelphase iteration. I had to leave my mobile phone in the car due to the interference on the SP01, not ideal as I use it for navigation in the bush. The only reason I left my phone in the car was that I was staying withing 100m of my car and had visual at all times.

The SP01 is a great product imho but the shielding/anti interference could be better although I'm not aware of how technically possible this is to achieve. Something to consider.

I usually have my phone in my top left pocket in my shirt doesnt seem to bother the detector with sp01 if I get any interference I put phone on flight mode but dont have to do that very much great combo sp01 on a sdc2300 cheers muk.

I used my sp01 yesterday no gold but with the testing I done I'm pretty happy with the results. I couldn't justify the price for the pouch so I cable tied it to my harness or my 4500. Worked a treat.

Muk said:
I usually have my phone in my top left pocket in my shirt doesnt seem to bother the detector with sp01 if I get any interference I put phone on flight mode but dont have to do that very much great combo sp01 on a sdc2300 cheers muk.

Thanks for the tip, I'd never thought of using flight mode. :Y:

Latest posts