Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way, I'll be the bloke with the Angus MacKirk GrubStake sluice.
Good luck as6572

Ended up getting half a day sluicing in Saturday, then went off for a little detecting, didn't detect any nuggets but I found $10 note in a gully over the hill.
Have not panned out the cons yet.

Hey Sluicin. I mostly panned this time and walked down the creek exploring a bit more. Found a little bit with the pan, but nothing to write home about. But enjoyed myself nonetheless

The leeches game was strong, they kept coming back for more!

brendomac said:
Hey Sluicin. I mostly panned this time and walked down the creek exploring a bit more. Found a little bit with the pan, but nothing to write home about. But enjoyed myself nonetheless

The leeches game was strong, they kept coming back for more!
:lol: Hi Bmac, yeah those big tiger leeches are buggers once they smell ya it's dinner time :lol: Bad luck on the hunt though mate but there's always next trip.

Do these leaches hang out in a particular area at Tuena?

I was there 3 weeks ago and not one. Kids even swam and nothing.

Granted it was my first time there are we basically stayed just down from the camp ground near the river crossing.

I'm not 100% sure, but the area I was in was mostly still water. It was a few bends downstream from the ford.

I was also in some other larger pools in the creek and didn't come across any, but I wasn't panning in those. I definitely didn't see any in the faster moving water.

I was at Tuena on Saturday, only did about 5 buckets for my little river sluice. It was way too hot. Here are a couple pics.
I am heading back this Friday for the weekend.
So I will have more time to try and get more.

1487059204_img_0293.jpg

1487059205_img_0294.jpg

Very nice Diggin, 3D I will be one with the white Triton as5672 number plates.

Latest posts