Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'd just add that there is some good country for detecting up on the ridges, where bedrock is near the surface and there are a few old mines around. As I understand it, some good nuggets were detected in Tuena during the VLF days, and most came from up top and sides of the hills. A couple of small nuggets have even been detected in recent times down around the camping area.

Reno_86 said:
Ended up travelling out that way, not many prospectors around, It was pretty hard to find consistency and was only mananging around 3 decent flakes per pan. Overall the area we camped in was magic and for a first time there I can say that I def head back. So peaceful. Even got to me the famous Wal and Liz. Very lovely and polite people and were more then happy to help me out as a new prospector.
I have a few spots down here in East Gipps that I can't wait to see how they have changed with the heavy rains.
Good to know Wal and Liz are still getting into it...I think it can be a life long passion.:D

Thanks Dr Duck. It's good to know where we are allowed to go. I agree with buying local and a bit of common courtesy, it helps everyone out.

Hello fellow gold gluttons ! Planning to head to tuena this weekend 13 th aug ! Anyone been there lately , and seen water level ? Was flooding last time , a month ago . My son stood on a brown snake of some sort , middle of winter , which I assume was flooded out of its winter hibernation home !

I'm heading to tuena this weekend ( 13 August ) , if anyone wants to say hello ! Will be in large white van , at campground . If you like , you can even show me where the gold is ! Have never found much there , but it is a peaceful , beautiful place , and after watching a few old Walnliz YouTube vids , I have renewed vigour .

Thanks garyo. Really good info . Am now excited about flood gold possibility !

Hey guys the track over the crossing is still close at the moment,waiting for the council to do something about it,i myself can get across through a mates crossing and the roads over the other side are good to go when the main crossing is repaired,went for a walk down the creek from lizzes island and all the bed rock that was showing is now under meters of over burden,the creek came up about 8ms,it looks like a new creek there is a lot of flood gold in the wash water is still to high to crevice as the creek is still running quite well... ;)

Goldrocs said:
Hey guys the track over the crossing is still close at the moment,waiting for the council to do something about it,i myself can get across through a mates crossing and the roads over the other side are good to go when the main crossing is repaired,went for a walk down the creek from lizzes island and all the bed rock that was showing is now under meters of over burden,the creek came up about 8ms,it looks like a new creek there is a lot of flood gold in the wash water is still to high to crevice as the creek is still running quite well... ;)

Thanks GR. Looks like I'm going to have to start all over again on my hole and I was so close to hitting the bottom ( I think) :eek:

Hi Dozer, Good to see you again. : :)
I will have to get you up there and bribe you
with a good feed mate. LOL

Is there any pics of the crossing?
Any chance maybe it could be fixed up with a bit of hard yakka from some of our keen members?
I'm sure the locals would be happy if we all chipped in to get it sorted sooner then the council will

Tathradj said:
Hi Dozer, Good to see you again. : :)
I will have to get you up there and bribe you
with a good feed mate. LOL
Sounds good mate, it's been a long time since Ive been out. The kids sports has pretty much taken up all my weekends.

Hey Dave!! Is the creek still running high? Have the council repaired the camp ground crossing yet? How's the flood gold?

Hope to get down that way soon.

Bill

Had alot of rain in the last two days the creek is back up and the crossing has not been fixed yet council where to look at it on mon-tues but no joy yet,the creek is in flood again but not as high this time,i would give tuena a miss for a few weeks.... :eek:

Just a quick update on the creek at tuena its in flood again as we have had rain for the past two days and it it still raining at the moment,all crossings are closed,it would be a good idea if you where thinking of a trip here give it a miss for a few weeks
Will give more updates on the creek in the future..Cheers Dave..... :(

MOD Edit,
I think this is Important so I made it a sticky and
fixed the heading to stand out a bit better.

Thanks for the Heads up. :) :)

Hi. Thanks for the information on the forum. Its been a motivation and inspiration to someone new to prospecting..
Just wondering if there is an entry on the Office of Water - realtimedata website that gives an indication of the current height of the creek?

Raining down here again the creek is up and down like a yo yo the main crossing has not been fixed yet :( ,council came they looked they went,and didnt come back if you have a good high 4wd you could give it a go give it a few more weeks maybe they will get there act together and on another note they will be starting on the dirt road to trunkey in the next weeks so those coming in from the bathurst side might find it hard with the work on the road...
Cheers Dave,Happy Hunting...

Latest posts