Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rate anything over 0.4 metres as being unpassable

but you know , its up to the individual if they feel like taking a risk with their pride and joy

1379837530_oallen_forde.jpg

i think this photo dates back to before June . dunno who took the pic but he might have had a wet arse

Got back a few hours ago and we had a blast. Didn't see any forum members but we were finding enough to keep us amused :) Definitely going back there.
But my latest rookie mistake I learnt today is keep an eye on your snuffer bottle. They don't like it when you step on them. Pretty sure we lost some of our finds because of my big clown feet lol

A few camping near the crossing. A couple of families with half a dozen kids. But they were nice. Their kids seemed to love our dog :)

Hey Greg , I was down at Limestone , not even Mary Anne there yesterday, but the weather was brilliant. Will go through clean up today & see what we got

I too stepped on my gold bottle & broke it, but managed to get it all back. I take plastic now :)

I kept an eye out but a didnt see ya mate. We were going to move around a bit but we were finding colour strait away so it was hard to convince the Missus to move on lol. But yeah. Beautiful day. :)

I think it was the camp ground. There were people camping lol. I took the track that literally come off the crossing and parked past the tents about 20 meters. Then just walked downstream another 30.

Hi guys how's Oallen looking today??

May come down tomorrow or Saturday to run a sluice :)

It's about 1 metre higher than usual but there are still plenty of spots you can get to ( and its way lower than the crossing)

Being school holidays though you can expect 5 - 6 families a day to come up and ask the question

I just did 2 days there , today was nice but gale force winds yesterday

:)

Hello HeadsUp,
I didn't get the chance to get down there today.
Tomorrow looks like a go :)

Hope you had some luck.

Was the Ford cross able??

FINALLY managed to get down to Oallen today to have a little scratch around.

Didn't find very much, it's so small through that area ...

The misses was able to have a play around with her camera while I got to have a dig so it kept us both interested :)

Seven others were also out having a pan and running high bankers, it's good to see so many enjoying the 'sport'

Went to OF today. Didnt stay too long coz friend came late. Stayed about 4 hrs (or less). As I took my friend who is kind of his first time officially so didnt really do something productive. However still got around 20+ spec with the help from the sluice box.

Also met a retired man there, had few chats with him and taught me a lot about Tuena.

Just got back from Tuena, :( the creek is dry with only small pockets of water making it hard to run the HB. look like someone has tried to dig to the middle of the earth. :mad:

I would mate or take 100m of lay flat hose, did some dry panning will post a pic when I clean up.

banksy said:
Just got back from Tuena, :( the creek is dry with only small pockets of water making it hard to run the HB. look like someone has tried to dig to the middle of the earth. :mad:

I saw some BIG holes in the creek which were left unfilled ( south of the campground )

but I dug a small one next to a fallen tree trunk and left it unfilled thinking I would go back next morning to keep digging it and then got called away somewhere and had to shorten my trip.

So I have to put my hand up as guilty for leaving that little one . First time for everything I guess.

Hope you're not going to send a woman to tie me up and smack me or anything ?

Anyone still wanna go in next few days? I guess I have to prepare a bucket of water...

Latest posts