State by state

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowy

Jason Snow
Reaction score
I came up with an idea today about adding a couple of headings for this site, It's just a thought but if we had sections by state eg QLD, NSW, VIC etc people could add comments directed at area where they live, only a thought

When the forum first started we had a state by state section but I found it didn't get used often, in the end they were removed to save on space. With the exception of rules and regulations, most prospecting related posts on the forum seem to be more of a general nature and wouldn't really warrant a state dedicated section.

Is there anything in particular which is not already listed on the forum that you would like to see contained within the specific state sections?

Good idea there Snowy .. And let's not forget those two strange non-state places called Terra..Tories and the fact that up here near the 'Pointy Bit', we've been doing our best to
disconnect with the rest of the country anyway! .. (Exposed myself for a Loamer retort there, ay.)

Good plan Snowy.

Having run a website with State by State listings, I found that while 1 or 2 states were pounded, the others were a mere trickle and ruined the whole concept. Unless there were a massive amount of subscribers....some pages may be lost to oblivion.

It would be a natural progression if there were tens of thousands of visitors but I dare say there aren't that many forum goers to warrant such expansion. Currently the "from" part of everyone's Avatar pretty much tells you where one is mainly prospecting. Those that don't put the from down I tend to assume are hiding where they are really at unless they just cant be bothered. Works for me. I believe State pages may divide too many of us....just my opinion.

I may be making things too complicated but if there was an option to select a state when you start a topic (so essentially tag it) then you could add a filter button at the top of the sections so topics can be filtered by state. That way, nothing changes structurally but you still allow for a way to get state specific info.

Lol, I thought it was WA and the rest of us. Maybe Triangle, WA, and Slim Pickings sections will work for most of us. A filter may be complicated unless Nugget is also a doctoral web script genius, haven't checked if he has any letters after his name!

One reason most forum members won't put down their specific area or state is for I think this reason.
Just put a general note to which state you are posting about not hard really.

Twapster I only have 3 more streets to check out in HH and I will have you address and GOLD STOCK.....?
Cheers Mate.

Just look out for the boat out front that hasn't been used in 2 years, an out of rego VC 1981 Commodore with flat tyre and the Maverick in front of that. Don't u go stealing my spec collection! I'm not sure if its over a gram yet but it looks pretty. Smithy you would have sucked that much gold in one little 6 inch crack with all that gear you have! Im comin over to your place, Central Coast is not that big. Im googling u now!!!!!!!!

I didn't want to complicate things I do like the idea of maybe if you wanted to mention a specific state you put it on the topic like Ramjet suggested

I appreciate your suggestion Snowy. Its not that it was a bad idea or anything, but rather something that had already been un-successfully trialled in the past.

Simple is often the best, as I only have an interest in Victoria I for one would very much like to see which state the post relates to .. just in the topic section would be enough.
Not that I don't like reading about issues, locations and finds from other states - would just like to concentrate on my home state, for now.
When I travel it would be great to look at posts with NSW or Qld (for example) in the topic heading.
Think (hope) I've put "vic" in one or 2 of my past posts, saves anyone not interested in Vic skip over it.
Simple is best,
Cheers Tom.

Twapster I have been standing out the front for 2 hrs waving have you found me yet.
I'm the one with no clothes on.
OH SHIT...........hang on officer I thought you said GOAT........?
Cheers
Thesmithy

Smithy was that you? Drove past what I thought was a hairy balled bunyip, Id heard about the Central Coast Yeti but didn't believe the stories. Put the foot on the accelerator and got the hell out of there!

Latest posts