Starting out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MORPH

john
Reaction score
HI to everyone,well i'm from the Gold Coast Queensland and have just discovered this great hobbie of coin and relic hunting, in my search of a beginners metal detector i have come across this forum and found it to be very helpful.I still haven't decided what detector to buy yet so i am hoping this forum will put me on the right track..I want to buy something affordable for me yet not fall apart in 6 months..I do look forward to getting to know the people here in this forum and learn from those who know...

Welcome Morph, Plenty of detector enthusiasts on here to sort you out with all the info you will need, goodluck mate. Balx

Welcome aboard mate,

Look forward to hearing about your finds. No shortage of really helpful people on here
All the best

C&L

Thanks folks for the friendly welcome to the forum and i do look forward to reading and watching all your hunts,and thanks loamer for the link..

g'day Morph..for coins etc. I have a minelab xterra 305 which I think is a great machine..my son has a Garrett Ace 250 which is a great one also...both are reasonably cheap for what they can do...cheers

hey still looking,thanks for the input,they r 2 of the detectors i have been looking at,minelab 305 is at the top of my list at the moment..but then i saw the minelab 505 and ace 350 and have wondered if spending a little extra would pay off...Reading up on coils now so i can understand how they work..DD coils seem seem to be a good choice,so trying to find a detector that has that so i don't have to buy an extra coil down the track...This is so hard...lol...

Good luck MORPH, hope you find some nice color and some nice beach finds, you have a lot of ground to cover down your way, I am sure some of the SEQ based members will catch up for a day.

Cheers, Tone

Latest posts