Starting from scratch

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all. I'm new to prospecting and new to this forum. The information and advice contained here is hugely helpful, and I've already found myself sitting up late following threads and finding answers. At present I've begun the hunt for alluvial gold and sapphires in my local area (the New England), but for now I'm basically focused on finding locations and developing basic skills - I've got a lot to learn. Any day in the bush is a good day though. After much online research for an entry level detector, I hope to very soon be the owner of a Minelab Xterra 305, and start going after coins and relics. Aussie predecimal coins have been an interest for some time, but pretty much anything to do with Australian history has my attention. I look forward to sharing some finds soon. Cheers.

depending where you are on the new England table land it is possible you have sapphires under your feet where you are standing.. goodluck

Hi Roaring Days. Welcome to PA.
As a lover of Australian history you should pop over the the Australian History topic.
Many, many hours of great reading and we could do with some new questions as we have all just about exhausted our knowledge.
It is the most viewed and replied to topic on the forum.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1236

Thanks for the welcome guys. Kawman, I will definitely check under my feet :) and Ramjet I'm heading to that topic now! Cheers.

Gday Roaring Days , welcome to the family
Looking forward to hearing about and seeing the fruits of your labour...
Both gems and detected treasures

Latest posts