SOUTH COAST PROSPECTING!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyGoldAu said:
7.62marksman said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :N: :N: :N: :mad: :mad: :mad:

$27.10 for 1300g???? Is SUGAR & GUM really THAT expensive? (rare 'sweets' eater)

You'd need to 'find' the real ones to keep up at that price...lmao. :p :lol: :lol:

edit:...50g bags @~ $1.50-$1.75ea when bought in 'box full' (24)....

this on ebay $1.35 postage $8.60 from Bathurst

Gold Nugget Bubblegum - Fabric Bag Filled with Packet of Bubblegum

He He...well that's better than US$24-32.00 just for 'postage' from the States on the e-Bay sites...and the link ad, didn't have on the 1st page the 'postage' either,...

Used to enjoy them as a kid, along with Choo-Choo bars (not today's crap formula), and Black Cat chewy... Funny, the things our elder's and G'parents introduce us to..(too many to bother with...) :/

This might take a few down memory lane... :rainbow: O:)

www.oldtimecandy.com/discontinued-candy/

Back to topic.... how goes the study Nug's?...had a chance to get out for a pan/gem-hunt? :lol:

Gypsy

Studiously studying, lifetimes of information to absorb, I will need life times to obtain and retain it all. Nothing to report on this weekend as I have exhausted most possibilities that I know of in arms reach. Without trekking through the state forest with pan in hand, I feel that I will forever be bound for the Shoalhaven if I want to be sure to see some colour. Though something I can pick up would be nice for a change. Has any one heard of gems coming out of this area? I was shocked to see a photo of a few very nice quartz pieces another new member has found around canberra.

Cheers Mackka and Marksman!. Haven't looked into that area before, could make for a nice day trip. Ill be sure to let you know how I go. And marksman thats a very generous offer, I'll get in touch shortly. Thank you both gentlemen. :Y: NUGS.

Hi Nugs and welcome to the group, if you haven't spoken with tathradj already you should the man is a encyclopaedia of knowledge in that area and a great guy to be in the field with, hard pressed to find a better prospecting mate to have with ya
Hope to see you around the area sometime mate
Cheers
Jamie

G'day and thanks Jamie, Tathradj seems to be some what of a legend round these parts, would be fantastic to get the opportunity to catch up with him. I'll send him a message when I'm all kitted up. Your homemade sluice and highbanker sound interesting, do you have any photos I could have a sticky at? I'm thinking about building one of them gold cubes, ever heard of them? I reckon they look alright for your cons. Would be great to catch up with some fellow members, I'm thinking a trip to Oallen might be in order soon, do you ever make it out that way? Sounds like it could be a good meeting spot, do you guys do members days out there? I think I seen a youtube video of something that looked like one? Ahh so many questions, thanks again Jamie. NUGS.

My sluice/highbanker isn't anything overly exciting was the first build I ever did
1486875980_img_1061.jpg

1486875980_img_1062.jpg
thats my highbanker, my river sluice is just a basic ally flume with expanded metal in it. Have only seen pics or vids of a gold cube, to me seems complicated but I was never the sharpest tool in the shed either lol.
I don't go to oallen much I spend more time at Mogo or tuena, I mostly detect rather than sluice.
Tathra is a legend and a gentleman to, him and I plus another guy that isn't on here met up as much as possible for day trips

I'd say your sharp enough, not everyone could knock up a banker like that, looks great! Good job. I would love to catch up with you guys one day, if you're going over some old ground it would be very helpful to have someone in the field showing me the ropes. Youtube is good but lacking the back and forth communication to truly learn something properly. Maybe when I get sorted I could tag along? I'm like 15 minutes from Mogo, went looking for a particular old gold mine a few weeks ago but about 2 hours into the trek I found myself somewhat disorientated :) Took me another good hour or so of following random fire trails only to find my partner back at the car completely unaware of the ordeal I had just been through hahah. I'll make sure the phone has charge next time ;) After this rain I might go check out a few of the creeks I came across on my journey, although I bet the leeches and mossies will be thick as :| NUGS.

Cheers mate, appreciate the sentiment
You are more than welcome to come along with me, I want to get back down there soon so will let you know when I am, I am no pro but but am enjoying it none the less
If you don't mind me asking but which mine was it you were looking for? I have found a few down there some bigger than I expected, a few I still want to find as well
I wish I was only ten mins from Mogo, bit over a two hour drive for me

It looked so simple on the map but i didn't stick to the plan. Rather I followed my nose and learnt a valuable lesson , stick to the plan. Although i did find some interesting places. I think I was aiming for The Fitzgeralds Claim Mine and Dicksons And Laughtons Reef Mine, if you haven't seen this link have a squiz, its one of the best I have come across for this sort of thing... http://www.bonzle.com/c/a?a=p&p=314581&cmd=sp&lstt=1 ...Hopefully its too not top secret ;) look forward to hearing from you next time your down this way, though cant guarantee ill be free to catch up, would be great to hear from you. Cheers.

Hey guys ive recently moved to kiama in the last year and i wanted to know where me and my partner could find places to prospect. we dont mind driving like an hour or two somehwere. im hoping to plan a date for us to go out and hopefully find some nice crystals!! my partner is especially in love with crystals and all their properties so i want to take him somehwere to find his own instead of buying all the time.

Welcome joellehope18. Good luck with the search.
Go to the introduce yourself section on the home page-re-enter all this and I'm sure someone from that area will advise you.

Latest posts