Soooo much gear - any tips?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take
a detector
a digger
and a finds bag
and wear a hat
and that's it
waterbottle is in the car
first aid is a 000 call away
lunch is only for those who find enough moolah to eat
if tired, go home and sleep.
:Y: :p :Y:

silver said:
I take
a detector
a digger
and a finds bag
and wear a hat
and that's it
waterbottle is in the car
first aid is a 000 call away
lunch is only for those who find enough moolah to eat
if tired, go home and sleep.
:Y: :p :Y:
And that's the Pro of all Pro's Tubsy :cool: :Y:
I carry a junk bag too as there's sooooo much just sunbaking every where :/ Bloody tossers :lol:
Bringing back the eightys :eek: :lol:
Do the right thing and chuck your junk in the bin buddy ;) :Y:

Tubsy said:
Righteo, about to hit the field on a day trip. I have amassed a sea of gear.. Is this a typical load (PS: Im coin shooting, will be a fair distance from car)

Digging gear

Mini shovel
Mini pick (in backpack - still weighs 2kg!)
Lesch digging tool

Other

2 smaller coils
Pinpointer
Electrician bum bag to carry markers (golf tees!), phone, containers, rusty nails for balancing)
Water bottle
Lunch
Crepe bandages for bites/stings etc
Spare set of batteries

Clothes

Gumboots & long socks
Thick jeans & shirt or overalls
Beany/scarf/jumper if cold as batshit
Gardening gloves

Anyone prefer wearing full size overalls instead of jeans?

Anything Ive missed?

Cheers

Steel toe boots....just in case you drop the Lesche :p :p

I still wear my steelcap shoes, but I've got an ACE up my sleeve in my hand !
]:D

Tubsy said:
Righteo, about to hit the field on a day trip. I have amassed a sea of gear.. Is this a typical load (PS: Im coin shooting, will be a fair distance from car)

Digging gear

Mini shovel
Mini pick (in backpack - still weighs 2kg!)
Lesch digging tool

Other

2 smaller coils
Pinpointer
Electrician bum bag to carry markers (golf tees!), phone, containers, rusty nails for balancing)
Water bottle
Lunch
Crepe bandages for bites/stings etc
Spare set of batteries

Clothes

Gumboots & long socks
Thick jeans & shirt or overalls
Beany/scarf/jumper if cold as batshit
Gardening gloves

Anyone prefer wearing full size overalls instead of jeans?

Anything Ive missed?

Cheers

Anything I've Missed :8 a pack mule :lol: man you have got some stuff listed there 8) from one coin shooter to another :)

I have looked into my coin shooters crystal ball and is says - you will not have as much stuff for your next trip ;) it is all a learning experience :cool:

Put in good hours on the right ground digging the right numbers and you will :party:

Enjoy :Y:

Yea thats why Im asking the question, its alot of gear to carry around. Once Im familiar with the ground Im can probably ditch one of the digging tools and one of the coils at least...

We all carry different gear and after a couple of trips you will slim down your list, we have all done it, and only time will show you what works for you,

John.

You blokes are a lot of help :party:

Nobody suggested the wheel barrow and a tent just in case the sun sets before he's home. Ho far are you going Tubsy?

If you usually go prospecting near the car just carry the same plus a drink and a sandwich. I doubt you're going to run into a heatwave so a small bottle will do. You'll still need your bum-bag or whatever you use to carry back your trash and treasure and your pick to bury your droppings :)

We have a standard GPS+Pick+Pick holder on the belt+Radio because we are two+Bum-bag+Gloves+Plastic spade for sorting gold from dirt+Detector. If we are going more than a few hundred metres I might carry the backpack with muesli bars and a 600ml bottle of water each. Toilet paper, bandaids, fly screens, spare SDC batteries, head lamps and sunblock are always in the bag.

What you're wearing is enough.
We go for gold so usually a pinpointer is a waster of time.
If we get too wet and uncomfortable we go back.
First aid gear is back in the bus along with the PLB.
Heavy pick and shovel are there as well if needed.
You don't need a test piece. Setup the detector before you leave and you'll find plenty of testers along the way.

It's a bit like going camping where the wife packs three suitcases. Next time there are two, then one. Now we don't even own a suitcase ;)

Love the idea of a pack mule. Thanks chaps, all good, interested in everyones opinions - Im sure Ill be alot the wiser after my first mini expedition.

Tubsy said:
Love the idea of a pack mule. Thanks chaps, all good, interested in everyones opinions - Im sure Ill be alot the wiser after my first mini expedition.

Just don't go cleaning your finds in the kitchen sink or on the dinning room table, it does tend to upset the Mrs, I can vouch for that ? :eek: :mad: :mad: :N:

John.

Out for a few hours - found large metallic chain, thin slice of aluminium, a lump of something odd looking and a hot rock. Realised half way through the hunt that I have disc set to zero - sheeat

Tubsy said:
Out for a few hours - found large metallic chain, thin slice of aluminium, a lump of something odd looking and a hot rock. Realised half way through the hunt that I have disc set to zero - sheeat

Never mind mate, thing is at leased you got out there aye,

One think you might want to take is a small notebook and a pen so you can wright down common ID number until you get to memorize them like coins and different ring sizes etc, you can also do some testing at home and add those numbers to your list and take it out with you when ever you go,

Well done, and good luck slimming down the kit for next time,

John.

Watch those hot rocks. Sometimes they just look like a hot rock until you see the little bit of gold hanging out the side :)

Photo borrowed from grubstake....

1500512012_prospecting_vehicle.jpg

Latest posts