Soooo much gear - any tips?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Righteo, about to hit the field on a day trip. I have amassed a sea of gear.. Is this a typical load (PS: Im coin shooting, will be a fair distance from car)

Digging gear

Mini shovel
Mini pick (in backpack - still weighs 2kg!)
Lesch digging tool

Other

2 smaller coils
Pinpointer
Electrician bum bag to carry markers (golf tees!), phone, containers, rusty nails for balancing)
Water bottle
Lunch
Crepe bandages for bites/stings etc
Spare set of batteries

Clothes

Gumboots & long socks
Thick jeans & shirt or overalls
Beany/scarf/jumper if cold as batshit
Gardening gloves

Anyone prefer wearing full size overalls instead of jeans?

Anything Ive missed?

Cheers

Looks like ya pretty well set, try and keep your phone turned off or your detector might start singing and keep it round behind you because your machine will pick it up about 3 or 4 feet away maybe more, and when your mind starts to wonder that's the time to have smoko and chill out for 10 or 15 minutes then you'll be as good as new again,

If you have a GPS it might pay you to mark and save the good spots on the GPS for later on,

Have fun and good luck, lets us know how you get on, Oh and take plenty of picture, Rocket and RJ love colouring in pictures plus it keeps them quiet, Lol

good luck,

John.

AH forgot to ask, is wearning a normal belt with a metal buckle likely to cause interference? Hasnt been an issue so far but there will be so much shit on my belt its gonna have to be sturdy

I am pretty sure your machine has a pulltab Notch in the C&J mode when you flick the trigger forward, it works on most of them but I would not use it because it can cost you fine silver and Gold finds.

Good luck,

John.

EDIT:- It shouldn't do if you try to keep it all round the back ?

Tubsy said:
What about the belt interference thingy?

No mate just try to keep the larger metal Items around behind you just to be sure, because that big Coil you have can give a soft signal from your pick up to 4 or 5 feet away,

hope that helps.

John.

silver said:
Taking a detector for those coils lol :D

Lol, yeah I knew some one who did that once,

Tubsy

Don't forget your pinpointer and headphones if you use them and a good digging tool,

John.

I've been all keyed up and raring to go only to open the boot up to .........nothing. :lol:
always happens on those days when a quick trip home is impossible ! :rolleyes:

silver said:
I've been all keyed up and raring to go only to open the boot up to .........nothing. :lol:
always happens on those days when a quick trip home is impossible ! :rolleyes:

Yeah I got my gear ready but the truck battery spat the dummy so I just ordered a new one and hopefully that will be here tomorrow.

John.

Not sure if taking a dump in a park will be such a good idea lol. Will have to be bold and hold

Latest posts