Soon to be Sebastopol resident returning to prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've made a few posts on here already but figured I should actually introduce myself.
My name is Chris and my family and I are in the process of selling up in Hoppers Crossing and moving to Sebastopol. At the moment the children go to the school there so my wife and I take turns driving them up (when I drive them up I spend my time panning and or looking around some of the old diggings).
I've worn many hats over the years and my last job before being let go late last year was as a funeral director... it looks like I have a new (casual to start with) job near our new home so we are hoping this year brings a lot of positive changes.
I have two step children (my wife's from her former marriage) and we have two together.
As a child my parents would take my brother and I to Castlemaine (and a couple of trips to Beechworth) for some prospecting and I guess the bug never left... it just stayed dormant for a while.
Currently just working the pan but keen to try a bit of metal detecting as well.
Thanks everyone on here for being very friendly and more than helpful for where to have a bit of a fossick.

AtomRat said:
Thanks for another holler out blennus :) great area to grow up around
More than welcome... I found this forum when I was just starting my research into places I could have a look around and very quickly joined due to the fact that the posters are lovely and friendly and the information is invaluable!

This is a Great place to be welcome mate.
1456636166_1476364148.gif

Latest posts