Snowing in Goulburn

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spent most of the week stuck on top of a vent rise welding out frame work, faaarking cold!!!, freezing cold air rushing past me from the wind, stinking diesel fumes coming up the shaft pouring strait into my welding helmet, I had dreams of sweating my butt off down the decline hanging off a scaling bar for a full shift, anyways, at one stage I swore I could smell penguin poo, had to be snowing somewhere!! 8.(

Just back from a quick day trip to Grabben Gullen. Creek is up a bit but you can walk across on top of some rocks with due care. Snow still on ground and water in creek very cold. Chatted to Owen who says snow was quite thick over past few days and Crookwell apparently still has snow on the ground.
Got a couple of small sapphires - nothing to write home about.
Just thought I'd post an update having been out there.
There are some new gravel deposits near bridge which could be worth a look. Creek has been up a bit higher but appears to be falling again.

Terry

We have about 3 seperate days of snow in orange..still very thick on mt canobolas even today
probably the best falls ive seen here since 1985 when i was 5!!
1437309303_img_20150719_26900.jpg
1437309328_img_20150719_12295.jpg

Latest posts