Snake Gaiters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Matt
We close on snakes spitting.
But where the relations live,you would describe as a snake pit,this past season,they lost 2 sheep dogs,and fox terrier and goat to snakes,one dog was a chain with the snake dead with it.

TheDigger

I bought a pair of Turtle Skin Snake Gaiters. Made by a company in the States that specializes in ballistic vests for the Police and Armed Services.
Check you-tube - A bloke is wearing a pair giving rattlesnakes a bit of push with his boots and getting strikes on the Gaiters.
Good protection - less need to watch where you step in the warmer months.

Dude is frigging nuts. When we go up Grabben Gullen creek there is a Red belly about every 50 metres by the water. Gives me the creeps big time lol.

Perhaps the Australian-made 'SNAKEBUSTER' "snakeproof gaiters" may be worth consideration ?

The advertised features include:

Lightweight and pliable-only 250gms per gaiter

2 Layer fabric design

Iron-StealthTM silent camo outer

Exclusive ReptexTM high density, rip-stop snakeproof inner

Fully adjustable

Concealed camlock buckle so gaiters will never fall down

Fully waterproof

2 rows of elastic for perfect contoured fit around the boot and above the ankle

Dual-layer heavy duty Cordura toe panel

Concealed lace hook

Heavy duty YKK zip

No external or exposed zips, buckles, rivets, eyelets or straps to get caught up in the bush

Includes 2 nylon lacing tie downs for fastening under boot if required

Available in GDR Gully, GDR Alpine or Olive

Australian made

Cheers,
BU$HRANGER.

gday all, ive got a set of snake proof gaiters for sale on gum tree ,they were my wifes, she only wore them once,there the real deal from the states and designed for viper bites, there size medium.
I am also the gent selling the snake bite kits on ebay, there best quality bandaging and you couldn't buy the quality of the contents for the price I sell the kits for, if your too lazy to take the time to get a bit of life saving gear together these are a easy solution, .
The most important thing about snake strike treatment is knowing what to do quickly, so brush up on the do's and dont's before you go out, regards phill

Just wondering if its worth buying Gaiters. I detect mainly in deep gully's where there is lot of water and iv'e already seen tiger/brown snakes but were only sun baking. Will a snake go me if its close and i don't see it? or will it just move on.

yeah i might buy some next payday. The cheap ones i found are around $70, just hope there not annoying to wear.

I did 4 km in my thongs 2 weekend ago Gregory river NQ No snakes seen but known death adders/brown snake area poked fishing rod around areas with ground cover. make noise , only damage was the stick jabbing my tow and scratches from bushes .

Make noise is the answer :p sing AbbA songs works for me :)

Latest posts