Snake Gaiters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Glad you're ok Stoyve, very lucky mate, wonder what type it was?

Thanks Heatho,
Well I know what it wasn't, it wasn't an eastern brown because I would of most likely been dead given the circumstances and tiger usually strikes multiple times.
It might have been a red belly blck snake?

stoyve said:
Well lads,
Gators didnt help me on Friday,
I got bitten on the hand by one of the slippery suckers while moving some old timber and rubbish from the side of a shed I was working on.
There had been a lot of noise going on as it was a building site but it must of still been in hibernation.
I only realized I had been bitten when about 4 hours later after I pulled a splinter out of my hand which turned out to be a fang, then I noticed the other puncture mark.
It sure explained why I started feeling crook and had developed massive pain in my muscles and joints.
After climbing up and down ladders and lifting sheeting iron in that 4 hours its amazing that I lasted that long.
Cheers to the staff at the Ballarat hospital for their grat care.
Cheers Steve
ps: im all good now and yes , the leather gloves wkll be back on when removing rubbish next time
Gloves bbe good . What kind of snake

stoyve said:
Im loving that phot of your pet skink Bogger

He's still around :D I know as have to keep the pup away from him ........................ don't want the vet bill :D

1478082958_goanna_yard_1.jpg

Was closed when I was going to head up last week. :(

Hopefully I'll get up there soon, got a very busy month coming up, though may get a break to go if I'm lucky.

Heatho said:

Hopefully I'll get up there soon, got a very busy month coming up, though may get a break to go if I'm lucky.

Yes I think they are Closed till further Notice..... I will find out a bit more when im down there on Sunday....

The Snake pic is a classic case of Everything Has It's Enemies.... :lol:

LoneWolf....

LoneWolf said:
Heatho said:

Yes I think they are Closed till further Notice..... I will find out a bit more when im down there on Sunday....

The Snake pic is a classic case of Everything Has It's Enemies.... :lol:

LoneWolf....

Nah, spoke to the caretaker, they are open, was just because of the 40ml of rain the had the day before I was going to leave. Was only the rain that buggered it for several days.

They're definitely back in Southern Vic - a fat brown on my bluestone doorstep today (Melbourne, North-Eastern Suburbs) - very timid, and quickly went under the house. Smart snake ;)
Saw another dead one at the bottom of the street this morning.
Had two last summer at my house, but one was accidentally KOed on my driveway :(
Sorry snake lovers, but not around my home with kids and dogs. Out bush, we let them be and wear gaiters (all except the kelpies) :)

stoyve said:
Well lads,
Gators didnt help me on Friday,
I got bitten on the hand by one of the slippery suckers while moving some old timber and rubbish from the side of a shed I was working on.
There had been a lot of noise going on as it was a building site but it must of still been in hibernation.
I only realized I had been bitten when about 4 hours later after I pulled a splinter out of my hand which turned out to be a fang, then I noticed the other puncture mark.
It sure explained why I started feeling crook and had developed massive pain in my muscles and joints.
After climbing up and down ladders and lifting sheeting iron in that 4 hours its amazing that I lasted that long.
Cheers to the staff at the Ballarat hospital for their grat care.
Cheers Steve
ps: im all good now and yes , the leather gloves wkll be back on when removing rubbish next time

Missed this one Stoyve glad to hear all ok mate :D

Latest posts