Smallest piece with an SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to topic.......this is about the SDC

Not the smallest but small.

Its the challenge of being so tuned to hearing the SDC tell you there's a of tiny piece of gold there please dig, then finding it in the dirt pulled out of the hole.

A lot of good human traits are needed to hear these, patience, concentration, attention to detail when operating the SDC.

I go to work to get money! (more fool me probably)?

1464498969_capture_3_j.jpg

1464498960_capture_2_j.jpg

1464498940_capture_1_j.jpg

Ridge Runner said:
SCROUNGER said:

When you see that many in one pile like that It says more about the operator than the machine, The machine is world class no doubt but that takes some serious skills and is just as impressive as any Door Stops that has ever been found,

well done, john.
I appreciate the compliment RR. They are a great machine and great fun and simple to operate for those like me that treat detecting as a hobby and as an excuse (if one really is needed) to escape out into the scrub as much as possible.

SCROUNGER said:
Ridge Runner said:
SCROUNGER said:

When you see that many in one pile like that It says more about the operator than the machine, The machine is world class no doubt but that takes some serious skills and is just as impressive as any Door Stops that has ever been found,

well done, john.
I appreciate the compliment RR. They are a great machine and great fun and simple to operate for those like me that treat detecting as a hobby and as an excuse (if one really is needed) to escape out into the scrub as much as possible.

Well It had to be said mate, The SDC is well out of my reach over until I can come back home because they are $6000 and the 5k is $8000 which is why I bought a 3500 this month for less than $1000 and I hope my VLFs will find the small stuff over here,

The SDC finds small gold like no other, VLFs are great but once you learn the SDC's language the thing is ruthless.

John.

Hi members. Just joined forum and great to read all posts to do with metal detecting.i read about the smallest pieces found with the 2300,can we have a few posts with the biggest pieces found depth etc. I think I missed a previous post on this subject, maybe somebody has found a bigger piece of yellow since, it would be good if that's the case because I think it is an interesting topic.
Thank you,Leroy.

Run the sucker on 5 never taken mine off forget what I call the white noise in back ground and you'll bang gold 3 x a target is a target and scrape any faint signal as I found one was a 1.5 gram peice at 12 inches Doc. :)

Great to see the SDC's still going great guns.

I could add a couple little nug pics here, but they are probably of a similar size to most small bits already posted. They are as small as the tip of the Echidna's nose on a 5c piece. Haha!

My SDC has gone well so far over three trips. The count is: 416 nugs for a total of 52.57gm. The biggest of which weighs in at a mighty 1.08gm! :D

Still averaging 10-12 bits of lead shot and junk for each nug.
Keep up the great work gents!
Shauno.

paul_mac1 said:
jamie said:
Syndyne we love photos mate, don't hold out on us now

If your claiming to find gold with your SDC then you have to post pics, thems the rules, otherwise its just another yarn :D

cheers,
Paul
I wasn't saying that but hell with it I am jumping on that bandwagon lol

SCROUNGER said:
It's harder getting away without posting pics of small stuff than it is the big lumps, you blokes are a tough audience :lol: :lol:

Pics please :p

cheers,
Paul

The way I see it is an Aldi $99 special will get a big lump if close enough, it takes a proper type of skill to get the tiny stuff you guys find with the 2300, photos of the small stuff amazes me

paul_mac1 said:
SCROUNGER said:
It's harder getting away without posting pics of small stuff than it is the big lumps, you blokes are a tough audience :lol: :lol:

Pics please :p

cheers,
Paul
Nothing form me lately Paul, i haven't been out. Well that's my excuse anyway!!! :lol: :lol: I've just noticed one of the members has started a 'kilo club' for members finding kilo plus lumps. Now as a lowly sdc swinger that's a club i wouldn't mind joining :lol: :lol:

Latest posts