Sluice feeder

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Short 'n' sweet ( or I'll try )

I'm thinking of building a feeder for my high banker. Needing to control the feed. Hoping to maybe take some of the load off my back and knees when loading her up during the day.

Thinking something along the lines of the principle an 'hour glass' works on. Something that can be sat on some sort of legs to elevate it.

1432984612_unnamed.jpg

Maybe a thin metal pipe running from a cone shaped bucket with a sieve on top.

I'll still run the bigger rocks through the hopper.

You get the idea. ...any thoughts?? :/

Cheers,

Chris

What's doing, yobskin

Just with a shovel. Was thinking a scoop but I think that's more for clean ups. I was sitting here thinking of it and thought what a cool idea, ey? ...so I quickly postedvit on here so I didn't forget it :p

Like a tripod over either side of the sluice with some kind of tapered polished bucket so the material slides down and out.

Am hoping someone gets me and I don't have to knock-up a diagram :lol:

Chris

Hey Terra....not much

Wheely bin would do put folding legs on it.. a self feeder is tough.
Even water feed gets jammed...either way you will need a lil scraper to help...

Hi all, have used pvc pipe to shift material over XX distance down to sluice, split the pipe longway at the top about a ft and heat and fold out for hopper , have a water feed at top, by the time the material gets to the sluice it has spread out. Two person opp though, shoveller at top and sorter at sluice. Have used black plastic to do the same thing in a stream, and it's a lot lighter and easier to carry, can have a couple of shovellers to feed sluice, swap around with the sorter.
Cheers John

Latest posts