Slaty creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to slaty creek for the first time today to do some panning and sluicing. expected some flow and was disappointed

Attachments

• B5F5ABCA-402A-4F73-A41B-95C77442895E.jpeg
    B5F5ABCA-402A-4F73-A41B-95C77442895E.jpeg
    14.1 MB · Views: 0
dry pan it down to the last tablespoon full and bag it with the gps co/ords recorded for the sample spot (carry a small note book and pencil to record co/ords and put the info in the bag) snack size snap lock bags
wet pan it off at home ,then when there is water there you know where to go or where not to go

you have great access to creeks when they are dry and then it is only a matter of heading back when you have the right conditions (water levels are at a level to access those spots) to pan or sluice

dry pan it down to the last tablespoon full and bag it with the gps co/ords recorded for the sample spot (carry a small note book and pencil to record co/ords and put the info in the bag) snack size snap lock bags
wet pan it off at home ,then when there is water there you know where to go or where not to go

you have great access to creeks when they are dry and then it is only a matter of heading back when you have the right conditions (water levels are at a level to access those spots) to pan or sluice
Interesting thank you! I was test panning for an hour but was having no luck, just 2 little specs for the day

yes true GP, this wouldnt run a sluice, bottom right of pic...... just a trickle comming in
Plus non of my test pans had much gold, had better luck in Daylesford at sailors creek. Hard without a 4wd but I’ve started using my e-bike to go on the 4wd tracks and a hiking pack with everything in it including the sluice

Latest posts