silver locket.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this nice little locket yesterday in berry. Silver, from England back in the day I reckon. I'm trying to narrow the year down it has an anchor (Birmingham) the letter O with a boarder I'm unsure about (this is where I am lost). and the lion (silver). It also has J.M.H on it.

Its a horseshoe good luck pendant/locket.

Also, I am trying to upload more photo's but forum said they are to big. Anyway around this please ?

Since retiring from the military I love getting out and about using my Safari (I love that FBS Tech) and SDC 2300. Also like getting out to the rivers and using my 10inch gold rat with dream mat sluicing the day away. I have found some good gold over the last 12 months with a few gem stones in the dream mat to. I love finding old coins. There is just something about it.

Anyway, get amongst it. After the rivers go down a bit.

1544845735_img_0905.jpg

1544845688_img_0904.jpg

Hi Sollydog1

If you have a PC with Windows, you can use the "Snipping Tool" in 'Windows Accessories' to crop and save pics as jpeg files in smaller size files.

Open the pic so it shows within your screen, then open Snipping Tool, select 'New', then draw down over the area you want to crop or select the whole pic, then it comes up in a new window and you can write on the pic, then 'save as', give it a name and find it where it was saved to (desktop is easiest). Then just upload that file as usual to the forum as you did above.

1544847806_pic.jpg

Cheers,
Megsy

Hi Megsy,

Thanks for the info. I have a heap of silver coins I would like to put up. Detecting south coast style.

Regards,

Speedy

Welcome aboard Sollydog.
Thanks for your post mate.
We look forward tyo hearing more fr o. You.
Cheers Steve

Sollydog1 can you put up a clearer picture of the side with the hall marks ? Is the lion looking over it's shoulder or straight ahead ? Looking over it's shoulder would be anywhere from 1773 up to 1821 where it was changed to looking straight ahead.
The Anchor is an assay mark. The Lion is a Standard mark.

I agree Wishfull - 1888 Birmingham silver.

I believe that's JMB - not JMH - and it's a maker called John Millward Banks.

I don't believe it's a locket. I think it's a little disc off something like a card case, a vesta, or even a spoon.

I've been searching for something with it on it, but no luck yet.

But that's the date and maker narrowed down though.

Let's see who can find it! :)

Cheers,
Megsy

Wait a minute. Have I confused myself? Is that two sides of one item, or two different things?

It might be off a charm bracelet.

Cool locket Speedy, be sure to start a new topic in the "Members Finds" section for future finds and pics! :D

Latest posts