Shoalhaven sapphire

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all , this is my first post ,I'm very interested in gold and sapphire fossicking , just wondering if any sapphires turn up when high banking or sluicing in the shoalhaven. I met a forum member named Stephen there a few weeks ago , top bloke he gave me a few tips as I had just knocked up a river sluice made from agg pipe , guttering , mesh and carpet , got a few specs but just experimenting , he inspired me to check out some of wal n Liz's posts , so I have now began constructing my very own walbanker .All you guys seem very willing to share info in a friendly matter , I look forward to meeting you out in the field sometime , cheers Rocket from the Illawarra.

Welcome to the forum Rocket. Never found a sapphire in the Shoalhaven but have found a couple of very small diamonds.

Stick to gold around the Braidwood area and try places like Grabben Gullen and the Little River region around Black Springs for the Sapphires. Great to have you as a new forum member and look forward to chatting on the stream some day... :)

Cheers Wal.

Thanks for that info Wal , would you mind if I put up some pics of my banker for some feedback , I'm going to run it this weekend , thanks again Rocket .

Welcome aboard Rocket. I hope you find the people and info here helpful.

And by all means, feel free to post some pics up :)

Nugget.

Welcome Rocket,! May I suggest GG if you are interested in sapphire. I'm.currently in Cairns at the moment,but due back to Canberra soon. Ill be heading to GG in the next few weeks if you'd like a buddy.

Welcome aboard Rocket Grabben Gullen is the place for Sapphires. Lee and I are out that way a fair bit will keep an eye out for you ;)

Cheers

C&L

Rocket said:
Thanks for that info Wal , would you mind if I put up some pics of my banker for some feedback , I'm going to run it this weekend , thanks again Rocket .

Be great to see the banker mate, pics can tell a thousand words. Good luck on the stream with it this weekend.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks guys , weather permitting I'm going to try my luck on the shoalhaven this Saturday , my two boys are also keen and we'll have a few rods out as well see what fish are around , if all goes well then I'll try out gg in a few weeks , probably a bit far for a day trip so we might camp out somewhere , thanks c&l and Dylan sounds good .

Wal , I can't seem to upload a photo of the highbanker until l've made 10 posts so I'll try again at a later date , thanks for the info and tube clips very informative , I might paint it camo in case i have to hide from angry farmers ! Haha , jokes . I got my catwalk mesh from a mate he woks at a marina and they use it on wharves etc . Thanks rocket .

G'day Rocket, am a newbie like yourself but the people on here go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Mate, I have had a couple of goes at GG now, maybe catch you down there with your boys someday and bounce a few ideas off each other.... Love to hear how you go down the Shoalhaven, a mate has some land down at Tallong and I am Itching to give it a hit
;)

Welcome to the forum.
I have actually heard a few stories about saphires in the shoalhaven now, but i think they may have just been stories.
I have a place that was marked on a map though it is a long way from any goldfields, i want to check it out one day just in case :D

Latest posts