Shoalhaven River height at Oallen Ford NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well who's going to be the first one out there after this flood!

Another shot of the river
1597054301_fb_img_1597053685155.jpg

Well there is once bonus, other than the new gold, there is no way you are getting whacked on the head from any rubbish people throw over the edge of the bridge.

I had a real close call one visit.

Last time I went the bridge was not built ! If you like peace and quite , don't go in school holidays . They race around on mini bikes all day long . I pulled pegs and left .

For people inter state , this area at Oallen Ford , is a reserve area for traveling stock in the good old days . So it is now a free and open camping ground .

Last time I was at Oallen about 6 years ago there were "No Camping" signs erected. Has this changed yet again?

Black-Pete

7.62marksman said:
Black-Pete said:
Last time I was at Oallen about 6 years ago there were "No Camping" signs erected. Has this changed yet again?

Black-Pete
Yes still no camping on the top of the banks

Shows the level of intellect of pallerang council.

No camping up top where its safe.

But camping is allowed at the rivers edge on the river that gets the biggest flash floods in NSW

I have seen it flood there when the sky is blue at oallen and not a drop of rain but its rained 15 - 20 km away and the flood waters rise 3.5 metres in 25 minutes at Oallen.

Straya......we have a GUVMUNT ! ! !

Must be 10 or more years since I was there, so I did not know about the no camping .

SydneySteelfixer said:
So this spot during dry times is a good spot? Anybody have any photos of gold found here?

Heaps of photos available just use the search icon top left and trowel through Alluvial Show and Tell :beer:

Latest posts