Shoalhaven River height at Oallen Ford NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's gone under Folk,s.
My sister is a few clicks away and she sent me this one.
Taken 1/2 an hour ago.
1596951456_oallen_under.jpg

There were a few of us that posted here when the bridge was being built , astonished that given the price tag they couldnt get it right.

Even us plebeians pointed out the bridge was about 3 metres too low.

The causeway shown on the Nerriga side stops you from getting through any ways.
With the water that high, All the roads would be under anyways.
Still pretty epic anyway. :eek: :eek:

Thanks mate. Well, where does that water go? Is it caught somewhere? Plenty of it!

mbasko said:
I thought the Shoalhaven River just went out to sea but just checked & there's a dam (Tallowa) beforehand.
It should get a good refill!
Tallowa Dam 9/08/20 level 100%
"We regret to advise that public vehicle access to lower car park and picnic area is currently closed due to lake levels and potential for further flooding."
She full.

The way I see it is...there must be at least 20feet of water coursing down river at the bridge site :8 ...just a rough guess i know...maybe even more then that....I bet there's not one official from any department of the NSW Government taking notes and pictures,samples etc of the 'Turbidity' of the water and how many macro and micro organisms are being eradicated as a result of that turbidity!...my guess is...not one bloody thing will be having a bad day...so to speak...but... don't you nasty environmental vandals get down on that river when the flood subsides with your Wicked Highbankers sullying the river with your little buckets full of sediments!....Oh NO!...NOT IF YOU HAVE YOUR HORRIBLE BIG PUMPS FEEDING IT WITH OUR PRECIOUS WATER.yOUR RECKLESS BEHAVIOUR IS ENDANGERING THE HABITAT OF THE GOLD AND YELLOW SPECKLED MICROSCOPIC AMOEBIC EGG LAYING PLANKTON SUCKER.

The poster of the images actually recognizes your input.
The individual who originally posed the question that related to, "How Deep is it. "

The poster took into consideration of the previous posted image showing flood water coursing over
the top of the bridge deck taken from a Northerly aspect and including the gaurd rails and proposed
a justification that if you take that previously posted image into consideration and juxtaposed again
on how far the said structure is from the river bed, You will get an idea of how deep the flood waters are.

The individual who is shown in the image would be of an average human height of around 180cm tall. (In Metric. )
Or , if you wish, Can translate that into feet and inch's.

It is also shown to a degree on where the Road Advisory signs are to the North are located.
It is the best image that I could find on "Google."

I thank you for pointing this supposed error out but the average user would not have picked that up.

I suggest you go wear your keyboard out elsewhere pointing out supposed errors in judgement.

And if you so wish, I can put Red dots in a triage so you yourself can actually work it out.
Or should I call a surveyor.

In other words, The bridge has a lot of water over it...

Rockhunter62 said:
Tathradj said:
Note the person on the bottom right hand side of the photo Dave. :) :)
Was the photo put in the wrong way around or does the postee not know his left from his right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Farmer, I would say in rough judgement about 14 Meters.
The abutment of the bridge is causing a choke point.

Interesting on how it stands up to this punishment.

There are more choke points down river , well before it gets to the dam . That is what banks the river up .

Tathradj said:
Farmer, I would say in rough judgement about 14 Meters.
The abutment of the bridge is causing a choke point.

Interesting on how it stands up to this punishment.

My thortz today were . will the bugger still be there next week.... ?

What did we pay for that one , 30 million ?

davent said:
Hopefully fill up the dams, guess lake George will look like a lake again, last time I saw it, looked like a flood plain.
BOM are predicting an earlier than usual start for wet season, which would also be welcome, last two wets have been pretty awe full.
Lake George looks like a lake again Dave.The water is about 150 meters away from the roadside.Beautiful sight to see.Should have taken a photo.Dammit.

Latest posts