Shipwrecked Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hardcore Pawn last night (repeat) gold bar value 24k - shipwreck value x2 (had a bit of coral encrustation on it). Sold for 35k

I have a phobia of deep water and I am scared of sharks, but I would have a go at this. I wonder how many other ships are there to be still discovered? :)

I have done a lot of research on shipwrecks, mostly from ww2. I have got spots in google earth of all the wrecks I could research off the qld coast and every japanese and American submarine sunk around the world

So where is the AE 1 (I think) Australia's first sub. Somewhere near the Duke of York Is between New Britain and New Ireland

The bit where they say there is still around $80million of treasure down there almost made me buy an eye patch off eBay and become a pirate!

Could just plant some gold off the coast until after the coral spawn season ?
New use for the word Gold Coast.

Well folks I hate to disappoint you all but Australia's maritime laws are the toughest in the world. So you will have to forfeit anything you find & record location so they can put into historic shipwrecks list. With the laws we have it would make it near impossible to sell anything. So if you find gold coin melt them. If you find gold bars melt them again. :D

dave14110 said:
Well folks I hate to disappoint you all but Australia's maritime laws are the toughest in the world. So you will have to forfeit anything you find & record location so they can put into historic shipwrecks list. With the laws we have it would make it near impossible to sell anything. So if you find gold coin melt them. If you find gold bars melt them again. :D

It simple. If the law is stupid, it will be not obeyed by most of the population.
Karl

Latest posts