Searching for a town to live with work with good prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a painter by trade and have never failed to get work in Ballarat. Plenty of new homes to jump onto with the new estate growth.
Plenty of housing commission work here and in Bendigo as well. If you can put up with the grotty houses there ok payers.
Lots of repaints and heritage work as well.

Can always fly up the highway each day and jump on with Higgins in Melbourne and paint new office towers etc. All union site work, was better money but a lot of bullshit with rules, regs and numpty shop stewards.

Im industrial spray painting now doing new semi trailers. Good money, cruisey arvo shift and pretty good facilities.

Always work in the GT for painters mate.

Similar story, looking for new pastures in a couple of years when we retire, got to agree though, good gold hunting takes a bit of driving from the Goldie. Can't wait to get out of the GC :awful: , every time we leave, we don't want to return! :(

Finding the right spot to plant the final roots is a tough one, don't know where we'll go but the gem fields look attractive, Rubyvale... small town, nice people and a good pub... biiiig decisions ;)

As an aside, planning on putting a painter on for a one year contract at the high rise I manage, just got to get the Body Corp to sign on the dotted line so to speak. Will be a 7-3, 5 day type job and a mountain of varied work to be done, if the first year goes well the contract might roll over for a second.

@ Redifin.. You thinking Marybourough? Didn't know there was gold near that place?

@ Dihusky Yeah I'm right there with you mate, Goldy is dead to me now. Was the building you manage on the Gold Coast?

@ Kietzy I'm handy with a gun also but never thought of the industrial side of things. I'm not one to punch out new work 5 days a week for eternity, the monotony kills my spirit. Thanks for the info on GT, I am planning to be there around Christmas New Year so maybe we could catch up.

@ Gasman Tassie has come up a bit lately and it sounds like a great place, well, at least in the summer anyway. I think I may need to start looking at a biannual shift of north for the winter and south for the summer.

At this stage my GF and I are setting up the Hiace for our long stint away and we think we will head north to Claremont first in Sep Oct before heading south to Vic around Christmas. Thanks all you guys for the messages, hope I can run into a few of you on my travels. :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel: Keep em wet!

If you are interested in follwing where we get to you can see on our youtube channel smokey prospecting

Maryborough is pretty central in the GT.

1565953185_capture.jpg

wow, I thought you were talking about Maryborough in QLD. This makes more sense now Redfin. Cheers brother

Coming from qld id be inclined to get down maryborough way in the middle of winter,sample the cold,we were there for 6 -7 yrs yrs,i certainly dont miss the winters down there.......

Bush Chook said:
Come down to Vic, Smokey Joe. A couple of big towns in the Golden Triangle area, being Bendigo and Ballarat. Each over 100,000 population.
And plenty of goldfields in only short distance, too. :)

If its detecting then Bendigo or Ballarat. If is river work prospecting you cannot get better than Albury Wodonga. It is booming at the moment. Alluvial around my area is everywhere and plenty of water.

smokeyjoe said:
@ Dihusky Yeah I'm right there with you mate, Goldy is dead to me now. Was the building you manage on the Gold Coast?

Sorry missed your response Smokey, yes it is, right on the Esplanade in Surfers, probably the most famous old building on the GC. Probably be running it for another couple of years until my wife retires and I have completed what I set out to achieve for the owners.

Latest posts