SDC2300 V2 updated version released

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go grab a small inverter MH,weve got a small round one a bit bigger then a beer can thats been used to charge detector batteries for years,real handy if ya cant find the 12 volt chargers etc,it would still get used but camper has a mofo one in it......

StoneTheCrows said:
MH

We have to catch up later this year
Is Gunt still keeping in touch?

Maybe we can meet around your area

My son has just built on Broadhead Rd so will be up that way a bit.
Yes, we are always trying our best to get out when we can.
Planning our next already

Old G.T. How do you make the coil top protectors? I've put a cover on mine, held on with masking tape. Really ugly, but it does the job,but a pain when it wears out,as you have to peel all the tape off. Yours looks mile better! wiley.

wiley coyote said:
Old G.T. How do you make the coil top protectors? I've put a cover on mine, held on with masking tape. Really ugly, but it does the job,but a pain when it wears out,as you have to peel all the tape off. Yours looks mile better! wiley.

Its a pain, finally made a jig for cutouts though.
Its Signwriters sticker, the one they use for external signs.

Got a bit of A4, to outline the coil centre, cut out.
Drew an 8inch circle on the peel off part, flipped the centre cut out and sprayed a bit paint to get shape(you could trace).

Cut lines out, stuck on main coil area. Drew the centre slightly larger on the peel off (allowing for the vertical edge, cut out, stuck on.

Then you just do another 8inch circle, cut the top bit and the bottom bit off and place in the area that you use scoop on. If it starts to break open, just cut another one, peel off old one (the sheets peel off very easy), add new one. Light as feather, easy to clean, durable, UV resistant, comes in just about every colour you can imagine.

It sticks good to itself so if you mess the shape up you can just add a bit more.

Working on jigs for the body, be great to make something useful out of off cuts. :perfect:

Sorry to hijack thread.

As above with the addition of

A test nugget at about 0.1g, try it on different ground and settings to get a feel for your new nuglet-catchers full potential.

A fiscars scoop flattened out on a hot plate will help you know a nuglet is in your scoop, or not, and saves time trying to find the darn BBs and tiny fragments of wire as well.

A bungee, if you are inclined to swing all day

This Woody-Foot stand is a definite winner.

https://phasetechnical.com.au/product/woody-foot-detector-stand-for-sdc2300-detector/

On calm days my partner who swings left handed always uses the woody-foot trumpet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sdc..._qAhW7MbcAHSJNDncQBXoECAEQJA&biw=1385&bih=898

Trumpet + added a small pouch to the cover to hold the gold jar. Luckily we were chaining one day an able to retrace steps and find jar that had fallen out of her pocket.

1593738480_woodyfoot_002.jpg

1593738481_woodyfoot_001.jpg

Hi Nightjar, My Double D, Z cover has a zip pouch, I detect left had so the pouch is on the left side ( RH is standard). Wifes DD 2300 cover is like your partners no pouch, so its a good idea, pity it did not come as standard but its still a great cover.

That's pretty kool nightjar!
+ the trumpet, as I suffer from domestic deafness now.
Yeah both my shoulders are stuffed. So I might end up with a bungi cord.
And get a nipple ring for easy hook up to it!.....
Well if I'm gunna become a SWINGER...... might as well go the whole way.... :lol:

OMG! I think I might be up for buying 2 SDC's !
Tried pitching the "justification" to the cook....
And it's back fired! :argh:
Bloody YouTube! HA!

Do any other softies use a bungi with the SDC?
My shoulders are stuffed!
What's the go?
The full harness?
Bloody walking stick next!
I can walk 30km in a day!
change a light bulb overhead... no go...

mudgee hunter said:
Do any other softies use a bungi with the SDC?
My shoulders are stuffed!
What's the go?
The full harness?
Bloody walking stick next!
I can walk 30km in a day!
change a light bulb overhead... no go...

Yes, I'm a "softie" and happy to admit that I love my bungee. It has more than doubled my detecting time (RSI in R elbow) and is much easier than using the vacuum cleaner at home ... not that I vacuum as much as I detect ...though that may change now we're locked down again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts