SDC Wrap Up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Herschbach said:
After using the SDC 2300 a couple months now there is little I could wish for. The price is the most obvious con. Some people not only can't afford the price new, but will not be able to afford the price used. No way around it, it is an expensive detector. Worth it, yes. Affordable for many? I think not.

Something like the armrest that some think is just the worst thing ever I only find mildly annoying at times. I appreciate the fact it folds up for easy stowage. I always wish detectors weighed less, and a dry land only less expensive SDC would be appreciated by many. Stuff it in a Eureka box Minelab!
Touch. Drop the biggest hint you can if you get their attention.....

Hi all,

Thanks for the post Nenad. Much appreciated!

Can I add a little bit of info that we found out while running, -not sure if it's really a Con or a Pro, more of a general maintenance thing that may need mentioning.

I had to clean out the coil cover after two weeks of swinging as I had noticed a bit of dirt falling out when raising the coil to pack it away. I removed the cover to reveal about half a handful of dust, sticks and leaves caught inside it. It seems to make it's way easily into the gap at the rear knuckle/coil hinge area. No big deal, but keep it cleaned out regularly. Perhaps a bit of duct tape across the cover gap may help?

It definitely needs another clean out now that we're done for a while. Perhaps I can post a pic of the debris I find inside for an example?

Cheers,
Shauno.

Latest posts