SDC Control Box Covers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very Tidy and well made. They need to put another opening for the headphone jack. :)

Just bought one, thanks. Will help keep resale value up without fading and scratches.

Roscoe said:
Looks very Tidy and well made. They need to put another opening for the headphone jack. :)

black al has a cover that is better than the DD cover, it has a opening for the headphone jack. cost $75
i found it strange that DD leather has released a cover like that as there products are normally fantastic, but i feel they rushed this one.
regards tm

They'll probably make some "adjustments" :lol: if they get a look at Al's - they are excellent!
I'd imagine DD's quality would still be very high - I've had their covers on all my other Minelab's & never had any issues at all.

mbasko said:
They'll probably make some "adjustments" :lol: if they get a look at Al's - they are excellent!
I'd imagine DD's quality would still be very high - I've had their covers on all my other Minelab's & never had any issues at all.

yeah mate gotta agree there, I'm sure the quality is still good i also use them, but I'm not that keen on the design of this one.
I have been waiting for DD to bring it out, but after seeing it i reckon i'll go with al's cover this time.
regards trashy

p.s mbasko, that nugget bucket i got of ya is still keeping the nephew happy, cheers

trashmagnet said:
mbasko said:
I'd imagine DD's quality would still be very high I've had their covers on all my other Minelab's & never had any issues at all.

yeah mate gotta agree there, I'm sure the quality is still good i also use them, but I'm not that keen on the design of this one.
I have been waiting for DD to bring it out, but after seeing it i reckon i'll go with al's cover this time.
regards trashy

p.s mbasko, that nugget bucket i got of ya is still keeping the nephew happy, cheers
I like the DD gear but I can recommend Al's cover on this occasion. He has done a great job on it.
Glad to hear the nephew is keeping busy with the nugget bucket. Now my daughter is getting a bit older it would have been fun for her too but I seriously needed to "thin" out the prospecting gear. :lol:

mbasko said:
trashmagnet said:
mbasko said:
I'd imagine DD's quality would still be very high I've had their covers on all my other Minelab's & never had any issues at all.

regards trashy

I like the DD gear but I can recommend Al's cover on this occasion. He has done a great job on it.
Glad to hear the nephew is keeping busy with the nugget bucket. Now my daughter is getting a bit older it would have been fun for her too but I seriously needed to "thin" out the prospecting gear. :lol:
I gotta say that I also waited until DD Leather made their own version of the SDC cover. Their gear is really amazing but in this instance I ordered the cover from Black Al. Just seems to be designed with a bit more thought put into it

I've seen the covers made by black Al on another forum, they look great. Is he on this forum also?

I've ordered a Camo one from Black Al. Will look like my 5000's little brother then :)
The DD one is cheaper, but I like the armrest tension straps on Al's one.

PhaseTech said:
I've ordered a Camo one from Black Al. Will look like my 5000's little brother then :)
The DD one is cheaper, but I like the armrest tension straps on Al's one.

Yeah the armrest straps sold me on it also, it's great everyone rates them so well, hopefully mine gets here in a few days. Great design.

My DD cover turned up quick and is well made.

For those that have bought or are considering buying the DD one I can confirm it will protect your investment.

If price is a factor. The DD $55 posted and Als is $90 posted.

I do like Als flap for the head phones and the arm rest open holder they are great features and who doesn't like Camo!

Images are of my SDC.

1408767633_cam00015-optimized.jpg

1408767646_cam00014-optimized.jpg

1408767661_cam00010-optimized.jpg

Cheers

I got Black Al's cover and can confirm the quality and fit is excellent. Love the headphone flap because if I want to start filing some video footage, I need quick access here to disconnect the plug to engage the external speaker.

I received Black Al's cover for my SDC 2300 and it fits perfectly and a very well made product and I'm very happy with it, many thanks for doing a great service for all the SDC 2300 owners out there. Dingo.

Latest posts