School Me on Smart Tv's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mudgee hunter said:
I bought a HD,DVD REC? a while ago, great. Rec 2 channels at once. Edit adds out, burn it onto DVD etc. Flick over to other input to watch a 3rd show at same time.
Kid took it to her play room.... grrr.
But it is easier to have compatible/same brand for ease. We m e remotes etc.
Simple rec function etc.

Brand ?

I've had a 4K Sony smart TV for about 18 months now.
It has YouTube and Netflix (I don't use) preinstalled.
I've connected an ethernet cable from my modem to the TV. I have only 50GHz download speed and it streams fine.
I've watched tons of movies from Youtube - (be aware - to avoid copyright, many YouTube posters will change the name and/or give fake preview images of their posted films.) Crikey, don't get me started on how many funny, crazy, weird or informative and captivating videos and docos I've seen via Youtube.
I have streamed 4k videos from YouTube without any problems or lag.
And I've streamed heaps of movies, programs and docos from most of our free to air channels - many free to air channels now stream shows that haven't been on TV yet.
Often you can also binge watch many episodes of your favourite programs before they air on TV.
All smart TV's have usb recording for taping one show at a time. A PVR is a good addition if you want to record multiple shows at a time however.
This is my second smart TV. First one was a Samsung. I have NEVER had a problem with either of them.

I never pay a cent to stream content on my smart TV. Why pay money to Foxtel or Netflix for movies, docos or TV programs? Unless your a sports fanatic!

Well I plumped for keeping the old tele and getting a "refurbished" Fetch box from Fetch's ebay store for $251-00 delivered with 2 year warranty. Pretty simple to setup, only took me about 4 hours, :8 your local 7 year old will do it in 30 minutes :p

Latest posts