Saying Goodbye to your furry mate

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Bridget decided she was ready for another fur baby and this is what we ended up with. Her name is Frankie, a Brittany Spaniel/Staffie of 8 months. We got her from Shepperton Animal Shelter. I cashed my gold to get her and it was the easiest I've ever sold.
1525594246_imag0173.jpg

I've got 2 dogs & 5 cats , there all special to me & they get better food then most humans .

Now lets look at the export of our live sheep that's so rotten ' those who survive the hell ships are then killed in a barbaric way .
These poor creatures who survive are tortured twice , enough of live export ! :mad:

jack .

Congratulations on saving Frankie and giving her a good home, 8 months old cute as a button and comes ready to push yours :lol: ah the puppy phase.

I am in period where it is days or at best months before i make a call on my 16 year old buddies life :(

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak And pain should keep me from my sleep Then you must do what must be done For this last battle can't be won You will be sad, I understand Don't let this grief then stay your hand For this day more than all the rest Your love for me must stand the test We've had so many happy years What is to come can hold no fears You'd not want me to suffer, so The time has come, please let me go. Take me where my needs they'll tend And please stay with me to the end Hold me firm and speak with me Until my eyes no longer see. I know in time that you will see The kindness that you did for me Although my tail its last has waved From pain and suffering, I've been saved. Please don't be sad it must be you Who has this painful thing to do We've been so close, we two, these years Don't let your heart hold back its tears

GaryO said:
I am in period where it is days or at best months before i make a call on my 16 year old buddies life :(

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak And pain should keep me from my sleep Then you must do what must be done For this last battle can't be won You will be sad, I understand Don't let this grief then stay your hand For this day more than all the rest Your love for me must stand the test We've had so many happy years What is to come can hold no fears You'd not want me to suffer, so The time has come, please let me go. Take me where my needs they'll tend And please stay with me to the end Hold me firm and speak with me Until my eyes no longer see. I know in time that you will see The kindness that you did for me Although my tail its last has waved From pain and suffering, I've been saved. Please don't be sad it must be you Who has this painful thing to do We've been so close, we two, these years Don't let your heart hold back its tears
Ya got me right in the FEELS on this one, but fitting.

GaryO, I also welled up on reading it, thinking of all my past furry friends. Thanks for posting. All the best to you and to your buddy.
My vet who put down my last mate stated the obvious - we live 6 times as long as them, so pet owners may expect to say goodbye to 6+ canine buddies in their lifetime.
Makes it no easier, but it's our lot in life as dog lovers.
I still remember all the mutts in my life - even those of my grand parents.
The second being a huge fat Dalmatian (Pedro). I used to come home from school on the bus (around 6-8yo), walk to the front gate of my grandparents property and rattle the gate latch. When I heard it tearing up the concrete path under Victoria's oldest oak tree (it was), I'd open the gate and get floored by this dog twice my weight on the grass nature strip - wrestling and licking away. Clothes always filthy after, but my parents didn't care.
He was sadly put down after taking a chunk from a nasty neighbouring kid's calf after being terrorised by fireworks thrown at him.
Such a sad end for such a lovely creature. Sometimes I think that we humans don't deserve their unyielding friendship and trust.
Again - all the best to you both.

Latest posts